Webpages cant be displayed via Pineapple

pabo2uk

So, I have recently got my MKV and started to play. The Pineapple has been setup and Firmware/Infusions installed and all updated.

So I have laptop (LAPTOP A) which I connect to the Pineapple for testing dnsspoofing, sslstrip and all the other fun stuff. I connect LAPTOP A directly to the Pineapples AP rather than using KARMA. LAPTOP A also has an IP address from the Pineapple. The problem I'm having is that LAPTOP A doesn't show webpages although it does have an internet connection through the Pineapple. ICS is definately working and configured correctly. I can see my public IP within the Pineapple GUI.

LAPTOP A is showing the internet icon in the Task management area and I can PING websites, its just the websites cannot be displayed. As a side note, webpages have been displayed but when it feels like it. But this is RARE!

I have also setup WLAN1 to connect to my home wireless and use that as the internet for the Pineapple - This has the same problem.

Without knowing this is working properly I cant go out and deploy the MKV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul B.

Might be worth to also mention that.....

My main PC, I have 1 RJ45 connector, which connects to my router/firewall, and to get the Pineapple connected I either use a USB to RJ45 connector (essentially a USB NIC card) and cable the to the pineapple OR I enable the WLAN1 and connect to my home AP. I can then either use the Pineapple IP (172.16.45.1:1471 or I use my home/normal IP (192.1687.39.3:1471) to GUI to the Pineapple.

Also im finding it difficult to post screen caps in this post.....

As far as I can see the ICS is being shared to the Pineapple connector and I have configured the Pineapple connector correctly as

IP Address: 172.16.42.50

subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

D. Gateway:

DNS: 8.8.8.8

Ive also tried sharing both the LAN and WLAN connectors with same results

Thanks in advance.......

Thanks for the reply guys - Very much appreciated.....

After more playing around, I've actually pinpointed what's happening - but still unsure why its doing, what's its doing......

When I first power on the MKV and enable KARMA and connect my test laptop to it, everything is fine, laptop can browse the web etc.... However as soon as I start an infusion SSLSTRIP or DNSSPOOF for example, the laptop's browser (IE) is getting "This page can't be displayed", but its very intermittent, after trying to browse to a few webpage it works, then stops, and only works on random webpages, then if I try a page that didn't show before, it appears - VERY RANDOM. It almost looks like a DNS fault, as I still have an IP address from the MKV and I can ping to websites, but just receiving "This Page can't be displayed" every now and again.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply guys - Very much appreciated.....

After more playing around, I've actually pinpointed what's happening - but still unsure why its doing, what's its doing......

When I first power on the MKV and enable KARMA and connect my test laptop to it, everything is fine, laptop can browse the web etc.... However as soon as I start an infusion SSLSTRIP or DNSSPOOF for example, the laptop's browser (IE) is getting "This page can't be displayed", but its very intermittent, after trying to browse to a few webpage it works, then stops, and only works on random webpages, then if I try a page that didn't show before, it appears - VERY RANDOM. It almost looks like a DNS fault, as I still have an IP address from the MKV and I can ping to websites, but just receiving "This Page can't be displayed" every now and again.

Thanks

Same issue here.

Newly flashed with 1.1.0 firmward.

Boot up.

Enable DNSSpoof.

Pineapple randomly decides when to load webpages.

Ive found the DNSSpoof is a bit flaky and only sometimes allows clients machines to resolve webpages. Ive only tested this with spoofed pages. And it makes no difference if connected to the pineapple via ethernet or wireless.

Have anyone got a solution?