wp5.sh Error Durring ICS with Ubuntu and the Pineapple

jpmk12

Hello,

I have greatly enjoyed my Pineapple thus far and am extremely impressed with this awesome tool. I have a question for you.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit with my pineapple. I have attempted many times to run the wp5 scripts (using sudo) and receive the print below. Just in case there are any questions about my configuration, I have also posted ifconfig printouts at the bottom. After the scripts runs, I can no longer connect to the internet or the pineapple.

I also have a side question about the SD card, does this card get flashed with each boot. I have stored some data on it that seems to be erased with each boot. (infusions and such)

Pineapple Netmask [255.255.255.0]:
Pineapple Network [172.16.42.0/24]:
Interface between PC and Pineapple [eth0]:
Interface between PC and Internet [wlan0]:
Internet Gateway [172.16.42.1]: 172.16.69.2
IP Address of Host PC [172.16.42.42]: 172.16.69.128
IP Address of Pineapple [172.16.42.1]:
_ . ___ \||/ Internet: 172.16.69.2 - wlan0
( _ )_ <--> [___] <--> ,<><>, Computer: 172.16.69.128
(_ _(_ ,) \___\ '<><>' Pineapple: 172.16.42.0/24 - eth0
iptables: Too many links.
SIOCDELRT: No such process
IFCONFIG PRINTOUT
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr
inet addr:172.16.69.128 Bcast:172.16.69.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr
inet addr:172.16.42.130 Bcast:172.16.42.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
Thanks for you time. Ill keep playing around with it an will post a solution if I find one.
- Justin

Your gateway isn't your PC :)

For example, When I run the script, it goes like this :

Pineapple Netmask [255.255.255.0]:
Pineapple Network [172.16.42.0/24]:
Interface between PC and Pineapple [eth0]:
Interface between PC and Internet [wlan0]:
Internet Gateway [172.16.42.1]: 192.168.2.1
IP Address of Host PC [172.16.42.42]:
IP Address of Pineapple [172.16.42.1]:
And im all set. Try replacing my 192.168.2.1 with whatever scheme your Wireless router uses, such as 1.1 or 2.1, etc.

Thanks for the reply, my gateway is 172.16.69.2 and I have verified this by checking the settings of the router. Is that what you were getting at or did I misunderstand?

Is there another setting I need to look at?

- Justin

The linksys router is connected directly to the modem and provides DHCP for my small network. The gateway is as listed above.

Could the problem be the pineapple network or ip?

This is the pineapple up I use to connect front my laptop. Just a guess from the too many links error.

Edited by jpmk12

I don't have any custom settings at the moment. When I get back home, I will try to flush them and do it again. Thanks so much for the help. I will let you know if this fixes it just in case anyone else has this issue.

- Justin

I performed the flush command and now I am no longer seeing the error: iptables: Too many links.

I am still getting the following error: SIOCDELRT: No such process
Each time i attempt the script, I loose connectivity to the pineapple and to my internet. I am trying to use my laptops wifi connection to provide internet access and the pineapple is connected to the eth0.
I just want to verify that when it asks for gateway, it means the router and when it asks for PC IP, it means the ip connected to the external internet, not what the pineapple assigns it.
Any other ideas to try?
- Justin

Well, that was quite a large amount of energy expelled on something really simple. It was the Auto Connect that was preventing the script from working. As soon as I disabled it and rebooted (the reboot allowed the auto detect to start working), the script worked with no issue.

Thanks so much Mr. Protocol for your help. Once I get my usb stick working, ill be on a roll.