splain this to me Lucy...

yabasoya

I am really digging into this and learning a lot. However, no matter what I do, I cannot make wlan0 budge from 18dmv.

I've tried the several UCI methods listed in other threads. I've tried the ifconfig wlan0 down, iwconfig wlan0 txpower (any value)dBm, ifconfig wlan0 up.

I've tried editing the wireless config file directly.

All these methods work on wlan1 but not wlan0.

Then I tried putting wlan0 in wan mode like wlan1 and connecting to my router to see if that has anything to do with it.

Nada.

Then I discovered this...

10 feet away

wlan0 only

wlan0up_zps478bd057.png

wlan1 only

wlan1up_zpsb0e9d39e.png

both wlan0 and wlan1

bothup_zps4b088730.png

Seems strange to me.

I've already swapped the antennas, same results.

I've also tried everything listed everywhere, including the iw reg set. Can't get wlan0 to budge either.

We have the atheros locked right now. We decided to swipe the next firmware unlocked though.

And it should have never worked. No firmware of ours let you go outside of US regs..

All you can do is wait!

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Well that answers that. At least its cleared up, thanks for the reply!

We have the atheros locked right now. We decided to swipe the next firmware unlocked though.

If I knew this was the case, I wouldn't have spent an entire day on this. There have been several posts about this issue and this is the first time I personally have read this.

And it should have never worked. No firmware of ours let you go outside of US regs..

Although this was about a month ago and I can't tell you that I am certain of this, I recall wlan0 maxing at 27 and wlan1 maxing at 30. Now that this system is becoming more familiar to me, I am tinkering with settings more successfully.

Sorry you wasted your time. There are threads detailing why it doesn't work on here.

Regulatory settings can be a legal issue with shipping. Making sure we don't get in trouble for specific settings is important to us, no matter where you may be!

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Sorry you wasted your time. There are threads detailing why it doesn't work on here.

Regulatory settings can be a legal issue with shipping. Making sure we don't get in trouble for specific settings is important to us, no matter where you may be!

Best regards,

Sebkinne

I understand that you don't any customers using the Pineapple illegally, but this is news to me that wlan 0 is locked down. Do you mean locked down at 18 or just going above 18?

Sorry if I wasn't clear with my post, when I said that it doesn't budge from 18, I meant in any direction. I've tried several times with values under 18 with no success.

Anyhow, got any ideas on why there is a 20-30 db difference in signal strength between both radios when connected to the same router?

• 2 months later...

Uhhh, your "any length coax" is incorrect. You want to keep all coax lengths as short as possible to keep losses down. Unless you're using lmr-400(highly doubt it), most home wireless coax is lmr-195 or lmr-200. They both lose about 19db per 100ft of cable. lmr-400 loses about 6db at 100ft, but it's about a half inch in diameter! You also want to watch what kind of antenna you hook up with an amp. You can easily go over fcc(or your local authority) spec for transmit power.

Also with the latest firmware you can change the region.