Totally noob question, getting internet from eth0

mrgray

What i'm wanting to do is get Pineapple internet from the eth0/ethernet port and hook it up to a router for pentesting only
But i can't get internet not matter what config i have in the network manager

I think Seb just covered this nicely:

1. Follow the instructions in the supplied booklet. They describe how to configure your IPV4 settings correctly and set a static IP of 172.16.42.42.
  2. Re-configure the ethernet port on the WiFi Pineapple MKV so that it tries to get an IP over DHCP. This is what you'll want if you are connecting the WiFi Pineapple MKV directly to your modem over ethernet. Read through this.

On the WiFi Pineapple MKV there are a few ways to give it (and it's clients) internet. We support Android USB tethering, mobile broadband dongles, WiFi Clientmode, ethernet. It seems like you only want ethernet for this setup. We don't have it configured to work with a router by default, but to work with our configurations by default.

The likely reason you are unable to connect to the WiFi Pineapple webinterface is because your routing settings are incorrect.

Best Regards,
Sebkinne

I think Seb just covered this nicely:

1. Follow the instructions in the supplied booklet. They describe how to configure your IPV4 settings correctly and set a static IP of 172.16.42.42.
  2. Re-configure the ethernet port on the WiFi Pineapple MKV so that it tries to get an IP over DHCP. This is what you'll want if you are connecting the WiFi Pineapple MKV directly to your modem over ethernet. Read through this.

On the WiFi Pineapple MKV there are a few ways to give it (and it's clients) internet. We support Android USB tethering, mobile broadband dongles, WiFi Clientmode, ethernet. It seems like you only want ethernet for this setup. We don't have it configured to work with a router by default, but to work with our configurations by default.

The likely reason you are unable to connect to the WiFi Pineapple webinterface is because your routing settings are incorrect.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thank you but this is not what i'm needing.

I can connect to the Pineapple Interface without setting up anything on my windows to connect from the pineapple to windows no settings needed since i have it going over to Br-Lan to Ethernet port in the network manager but i don't have internet through the Ethernet even though i'm connected to a client in the pineapple over wifi and if i connect over wifi i have internet.

What you want - and what I assume the other person wanted, is this:

Pineapple <-- ethernet --> Router

You want the WiFi Pineapple MKV to receive an IP address from the router. You will need to set the interface to receive an IP over dhcp.

Read this for more information.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

What you want - and what I assume the other person wanted, is this:

Pineapple <-- ethernet --> Router

You want the WiFi Pineapple MKV to receive an IP address from the router. You will need to set the interface to receive an IP over dhcp.

Read this for more information.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Yes, i want it like this Internet wifi > connected to pineapple, pineapple tampered internet going threw Ethernet cable to Router that people are already on for a example a work router all the people are connected to Ethernet from that one router. How would i do this? I had it going before but i forgot what i did to make it work.

Yes this IS for pen testing.

And thank you Seb

is your work lan using dhcp or static ips?

Does your work lan require any type of authorization for mac addrs added to the switch ie cisco port securtiy?

the one size fits all "switch to dhcp" doesn't even scratch the surface of network configuration.

Edited by 0jf5