Pineapple not installing further infusions.

factgasm

When the Pineapple ships it is sent with a 2GB micro SD card as well as having its own internal storage.

My preference is to install infusions on the micro SD card to prevent them being lost when the firmware needs to be updated.

The infusions themselves are very small (some are just a couple of KB), so why, besides space considerations, might the Pineapple refuse to install any more than a handful of infusions on the micro SD Card?

Note: Editted to give better explanation of the problem.

Edited by factgasm

Hi Seb,

I happily installed about a dozen infusions to the micro SD Card when I noticed that corresponding tiles stopped appearing on the Mangement Console. No error messages were given.

I then reverted to installing the remaining infusions in the internal storage. The Pineapple told me that there was plenty of space remaining on the internal storage (about 3.5MB but it then stopped installing infusions too (again no error message).

I was curious to take a look at the contents of the micro SD Card so I took it out of the Pineappple, put it into a USB reader and tried to look at in Windows Explorer.

Windows Explorer recognised the card but refused to display its contents - unless I formatted it first! Therefore I haven't been able to get a look at the contents of the SD card yet. (I presume the micro SD Card was formatted using a file system Windows can't read?)

As an aside, right now I am in Tottenham Court Road, London, in the process of buying a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 (Windows 7 preinstalled). My current machine is an HP Envy M6 1310sa with Windows 8 preinstalled, which I bought from PC World (UK). The HP Envy M6 is a lovely machine if you're just using it for mundane home computing but I made a schoolboy error buying it as it has point blank refused to dual boot with Kali.

All the gear, no idea. That's me.

Edit : Corrected for typo.

Edited by factgasm

I

Hi Seb,

I happily installed about a dozen infusions to the micro SD Card when I noticed that corresponding tiles stopped appearing on the Mangement Console. No error messages were given.

I then reverted to installing the remaining infusions in the internal storage. The Pineapple told me that there was plenty of space remaining on the internal storage (about 3.5GB) but it then stopped installing infusions too (again no error message).

I was curious to take a look at the contents of the micro SD Card so I took it out of the Pineappple, put it into a USB reader and tried to look at in Windows Explorer.

Windows Explorer recognised the card but refused to display its contents - unless I formatted it first! Therefore I haven't been able to get a look at the contents of the SD card yet. (I presume the micro SD Card was formatted using a file system Windows can't read?)

As an aside, right now I am in Tottenham Court Road, London, in the process of buying a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 (Windows 7 preinstalled). My current machine is an HP Envy M6 1310sa with Windows 8 preinstalled, which I bought from PC World (UK). The HP Envy M6 is a lovely machine if you're just using it for mundane home computing but I made a schoolboy error buying it as it has point blank refused to dual boot with Kali.

All the gear, no idea. That's me.

This might get you going on getting Kali on the hp.......hold the shift key down when you shut down your computer.....it should work.

http://apcmag.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-8-and-linux.htm

Good luck

This might get you going on getting Kali on the hp.......hold the shift key down when you shut down your computer.....it should work.

http://apcmag.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-8-and-linux.htm

Good luck

Thanks for these constructive comments, xrad, but I have been trying out all manner of suggestions from the web and from local 'experts' but nothing seems to work and time has now run out.

I need a solution that works *no argument* and that's why I have bought the Lenovo.

Edited by factgasm

• 1 month later...