Explain network devices!

masler77

I'm pretty new to the linux world! someone who can explain where these different network devices do! what is br-Lan, Lo.? Wlan0, 1 and eth0 do I know .. but not the former network devices?!

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what br-Lan is, but WLAN 0 stands for wireless local area network, so basically it's one of your wireless antennas, WLAN 1 is the other antenna, eth 0 typically stands for Ethernet, but on the pineapple I am pretty sure it is a Fast Ethernet port. So basically the Ethernet port is where you plug in a cable to connect to your device. Your pineapple is basically a wireless router with karma installed, karma being the software that tricks other computers into connecting to the pineapple. Anything more is going to have to be answered by somebody in this forum who knows what they're doing. I am actually very new to the pineapple forum.

Not sure what br-Lan is, but WLAN 0 stands for wireless local area network, so basically it's one of your wireless antennas, WLAN 1 is the other antenna, eth 0 typically stands for Ethernet, but on the pineapple I am pretty sure it is a Fast Ethernet port. So basically the Ethernet port is where you plug in a cable to connect to your device. Your pineapple is basically a wireless router with karma installed, karma being the software that tricks other computers into connecting to the pineapple. Anything more is going to have to be answered by somebody in this forum who knows what they're doing. I am actually very new to the pineapple forum.

thank you!

this I knew from before. but this with br-lan and lo is completely new to me! br-lan, I can imagine is some sort of bridge!

Edited by masler77