Power adapter making clicking noises

yelluc

Hi,

I just received my WiFi Pineapple Mark V today.

I successfully updated the firmware. I was about to plug the ethernet cable into the Mark V and then I started hearing clicking noises coming from the power adapter, and when I looked at the Mark V there is no lights on the Mark V and unplugging/replugging in the power adapter into the Mark V did nothing.

Then the power adapter stopped making the noises and power came back to the Mark V, and after a few minutes it starts happening again?

Sounds strange;

1. Anyone else had similar issues?
  2. Should I stop using the power adapter incase it fries my Mark V?
  3. Any UK Mark V owners replaced the bundle power adapter with a UK only power adapter?
  4. The included battery pack, doesn't have a UK plug, can I use the bundle UK plug from the mains adapter?

I guess I am lucky it didn't happen while I was updating the firmware :)

Regards,

Due to the lack of moving parts i would say a clicking noise is a bad thing and would stop using it.

Hi, thanks for replying.

When I say "clicking noise" its not like a mechanical click like you might hear on a mechanical keyboard. It's hard to describe but it was definitely making a strange noise.

Its been fine for the past hour now. I'm not sure weather I should stop using the Mark V now as I'm having too much fun already :)

Hi, thanks for replying.

When I say "clicking noise" its not like a mechanical click like you might hear on a mechanical keyboard. It's hard to describe but it was definitely making a strange noise.

Its been fine for the past hour now. I'm not sure weather I should stop using the Mark V now as I'm having too much fun already :)

Whine i somewhat common in DC power bricks but i would think a clicking noise would indicate an arc but i don't know that much about electronics so it might be fine.

I would stop using it. I had my power supply 'blow up' on me after 15 minutes.

I bought a replacement from farnell (which was slightly pricy) and when plugging in the pineapple it looks like it survived the dying power supply.

The battery pack can be charged with the power supply of your pineapple. Pity they went through the trouble of supplying a power adapter with multiple adapters for the pineapple and just supplied a US power adapter for the battery pack.

If you're having PSU trouble, please contact us. shop@hak5.org.

We'll replace the power adapter. Also include in the email your serial number. We're still under a 1% failure rate on the PSU but I'd like to see if we can nab the issue in our supply chain. Very sorry for the trouble!

Awesome! I will contact shop@hak5.org,

Thanks.