Some questions about the WIFI pineapple

overwraith

Hello, I you may have seen me post a while ago I recently got a WIFI pineapple, and I was wondering a few things. First, does anyone have any good links or material for getting started with the WIFI pineapple? Also can anybody tell me how to connect to the WIFI pineapple via the command line? I have found the WIFI pineapple wiki, and the pineapple university sites, but surely there has to be more? Hak 5 episodes would also be useful. I have a windows laptop, do I have to install a linux OS to use this?

(zeroasterix) I would recomend following the clear and basic steps in the great videos Darren put up at http://uni.wifipineapple.com.

(Thanks Darren!)

I have already watched all the episodes there, and I do not see anything about connecting via putty. It is all for connecting via the browser window. There is not enough information there yet, so I am asking here. Please read what I am asking before posting.

Awesome, I tried and connected a tablet to the WIFI pineapple. A MAC address popped up. The tablet did not automatically connect though. So I guess that WPA2 defeats karma? How do I learn more about these commands? For instance when I type:

man iw

I get no man found.

Edited by overwraith

First, does anyone have any good links or material for getting started with the WIFI pineapple?

Aside from the Pineapple Wiki, the Mark V forums, and the university videos, there aren't many Pineapple resources available. I've created some video tutorials that may interest you. Here's a link to the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4-mT0A3BzLtjpdYlZG0Z7flZTEDnZkPM

Also can anybody tell me how to connect to the WIFI pineapple via the command line?

To connect to your Pineapple via the command line from Windows 7, complete the following steps:

1) Connect to your WiFi Pineapple via Wi-Fi or ethernet cable

2) Open the Start menu

3) Click All Programs

4) Click Accessories

5) Select Command Prompt

6) In the command prompt window, type

"ssh root@172.16.42.1"

7) When prompted to confirm the connection, type

"yes"

8) When prompted to enter a password, enter your Pineapple's password

That's it. You should now be connected to your WiFi Pineapple via SSH.

I have a windows laptop, do I have to install a linux OS to use this?

You can manage your WiFi Pineapple from a Windows PC or a Mac via your web browser or command line (using SSH), but I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with Linux. Learning Linux basics will vastly improve your Pineapple experience. I recommend installing Kali Linux, BackTrack 5, or some other Linux distribution on a virtual machine.

Edited by chriswhat

Good information guys. I have a slightly unrelated question. Has anybody ever seen a USB to Pineapple power cable, so the pineapple could be run off a laptop? If there was such a thing, one could use some of those Velcro sticky sheets to secure the pineapple to the back of a laptop's screen or something. Just a thought that occurred to me after seeing some of those pelican case rigs.

Darren actually mentioned the USB power adapter in one of the University Videos.

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-power-cable

Edit: It's in the first video. He mentions specifically using it with USB3 since that should provide enough power for basic use.

Edited by techiem2

Sure, a USB to barrel connector will work. Not sure if a laptop will supply enough power to operate consistently though.

It may flake out if too many clients connect, but I've run mine from a usb to barrel from my laptop for days in my office. For just general goofing off, it works good enough.