Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overwraith

Why is it called a wifi pineapple?

So, have bought one of these things, figure it would be good to learn a little about WIFI-security. Why is it called a pineapple?

Why isn't it called a pineapple? :)

I think its just because it looks good in plastic pineapples, Why is the ducky called a ducky? :)

Personally I am hoping to see Darren's banana phone mass marketed. Phone phreaking and such. Would have great.....apeel! ::cringe::

So, have bought one of these things, figure it would be good to learn a little about WIFI-security. Why is it called a pineapple?

Probably because pineapples are sweet and attract people to them.....IDK thats the best i could come up with...

didnt darren say it was because he cant call it a wifi grenade? :lol:

I think they had potential problems with the TSA as the original versions looked like a grenade shape.

didnt darren say it was because he cant call it a wifi grenade? :lol:

I remember that too! So that's why they call it that!

I remember that too! So that's why they call it that!

No, that was because the original plastic pineapple shell looked like a grenade on the TSA scanner

Personally I am hoping to see Darren's banana phone mass marketed. Phone phreaking and such. Would have great.....apeel! ::cringe::

The bannana is interceptor:P

The original first concept was literally hidden inside a hollowed out pineapple. If you dig back far enough in the seasons you should find it.

Season 4 Ep 1

Ducky and Pineapple. The ingredients for an exotic spicy serving.

I have mine with banana split and a cup of java.

When the pineapple was first introduced 5 years ago, I thought that it was a really dumb name. Pineapple? Really? Who names an access point or anything for that matter a pineapple? However now, as with everything else, I couldn't think of a better name! Haha... Branding at its best. :)