Live Demonstrations

thesugarat

Just wondering how many of you would be interested in either watching or hosting live videos of a Pineapple being used.... Maybe people can put requests in the posts below and then someone says "At this date and time tune into my feed on Twitch/Youtube. If you want to watch I'll be demonstrating X, Y and Z."

I know Hak5 is putting together a video series and I can't wait to start watching them.... This is not an attempt to replace that! I learn from many different information sources. I read, I teach myself by hands on but I also learn from watching others... And I think this community could teach each other quite a bit.

Obviously you shouldn't be demonstrating anything illegal! But a live session where you go through your process for setting up/configuring for certain scenarios/infusions would be very instructional.

If you use a Mac there is a free program called CamTwist for screen capturing combined with the free Flash Media Live Encoder from Adobe and you have a great way of doing this. If you have a Twitch account already there is a way to download your account settings for the Flash Media Live Encoder software and you can just import that file into it. I'm not sure what you guys on Windows use but I'm sure Game Capture devices could be used on top of whatever is available via software.

Let me know what you think.

Just wondering how many of you would be interested in either watching or hosting live videos of a Pineapple being used....

I was considering hosting a series of live Pineapple tutorials on my YouTube channel but, as of last week, my ability to stream live events has been revoked. After 14 problem-free months, someone flagged one of my tutorials (how to crack a Mac OS X administrator account password) as inappropriate. I disputed YouTube's actions but they were not impressed by my attempt to refute their decision. As a result, the flagged video was removed and I lost access to some of YouTube's hosting features.

Back to the point... I think live tutorials would be a lot of fun. Depending on user feedback, I'll consider finding an alternative host for live streaming. Are you interested in hosting a tutorial?

For those of you who are interested in managing your WiFi Pineapple remotely, I uploaded a new Pineapple tutorial yesterday. It's titled, "How To: Access A WiFi Pineapple Remotely." The method that I teach is particularly useful if your Pineapple is behind a firewall that you don't have access to.

Specifically, you'll learn:

- The fundamentals of relay servers, firewalls, and SSH tunneling

- How to install Ubuntu Server on a virtual machine (VM installation is optional)

- How to configure Ubuntu Server to act as a relay between your Pineapple and your computer

- How to set up port forwarding on your router (to allow incoming connections to your server)

- How to configure AutoSSH on your Pineapple

- How to access your Pineapple remotely via SSH and the web interface

Here's a link to the tutorial

"

"

Due to all of the variables and requirements involved (i.e. relay servers, SSH tunneling, port forwarding, etc.), it's the most complex subject that I've ever tutorialized ("tutorialized" is not a word). However, I'm confident that I was successful in converting an advanced task into a simple, beginner-friendly task. I think inexperienced Pineapple users will appreciate it.

Edited by chriswhat

I was considering hosting a series of live Pineapple tutorials on my YouTube channel but, as of last week, my ability to stream live events has been revoked. After 14 problem-free months, someone flagged one of my tutorials (how to crack a Mac OS X administrator account password) as inappropriate. I disputed YouTube's actions but they were not impressed by my attempt to refute their decision. As a result, the flagged video was removed and I lost access to some of YouTube's hosting features.

Arrggggggg......I was going to watch that video, but never did.

Any way to view the Mac video now Chris?

I guess I need to go "archive" the other videos on your channel.

Thanks for taking the time to create them Chris.

Arrggggggg......I was going to watch that video, but never did.

Any way to view the Mac video now Chris?

I guess I need to go "archive" the other videos on your channel.

Thanks for taking the time to create them Chris.

xrad,

I've received dozens of messages regarding this issue because it was a popular tutorial. I haven't been able to make it available anywhere else yet but I'm in the process of finding a new home for it.

I'm hoping that this was an isolated incident and that "archiving" my tutorials will not be necessary... but, to error on the side of caution, I'm working on implementing a safeguard. The safeguard - a website where I'll place all of my written tutorials, which of course will include the Mac OS X password cracking tutorial as well as many tutorials that I haven't created videos for. As soon as the website is available, I will notify my subscribers.

Thanks for watching.

-Chris

YouTube funds my tutorials. I can't go back to an iPhone headset duct taped to a homemade PVC pipe mic stand... I just can't.

I understand. Use both, YouTube for continued funding, vimeo for what YouTube rejects.. Just an idea.

• 4 weeks later...

You're correct that it would be step one for a few people but that's not the kind of thing I was talking about here. If someone else wants to demonstrate the basics go for it... This is just my personal opinion but if you come to the Forum for the WiFi Pineapple and expect tutorials on how the aircrack-ng suite works, you're in the wrong spot.... Try this site for basic WPS/WEP cracking tutorials: http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial

If however you come here for advice/questions/turtorials on how the pineapple works or how it implements these great tools you're in the right place. That's just me though.

The new Pineapple University has a few great videos already and the Hak5 series of videos is another great resource to start with.

(It's like showing up at the Porsche dealership and buying a car. And then you turn to the car salesman and say "ok now teach me how to drive". There is an expectation that you know how to drive already. You might not know what/where all the cool features are on that model but you should at least have a license.)

Ok, maybe the two lines I posted was missunderstood.

I am familiar with command line basics to achive the above.

I guess what I was looking for is how to use some of the current 'plug-in's (Pineapple Infusions) and what they are used for.

Was hopeing there was a infusion to do things with less typing/automated. Like the python Wifight.

WilsonB,

It was hard to tell from what you posted... And please don't think I meant anything negative about you in posting that reply. With the above post you are obviously in the right place. It's just my frustration with the expectations of a minority who buy a pineapple and seem to know nothing about computing in general...

Going to try something a little different:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-demonstrations

It is Saturday January 4th and I'm going to livestream to the above channel at 9pm Central Time. Nothing special... Just a test of ustream really. I haven't touched my pineapple in a few weeks and there are a few updates I'd like to do. If you want to watch and listen to me ramble, you are welcome to join me.