Install to USB?

Prometheus-2486

Hey guys, just got my Mark V, and after a little experimentation, I can't seem to get infusions to install to USB. Not sure if install to usb was dropped, if I've managed to mess it up, or if I've missed some new instruction somewhere. I've poked around on the forums, and have found no solutions that worked. My pineapple can see my USB drive, and as far as I can tell it's mounted correctly. Really not sure whether the problem is on my end, just assumed it was. Is it possible the Pineapple Bar isn't seeing the USB as a valid place to install infusions?

My fstab config:

config global automount
option from_fstab 1
option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap
option from_fstab 1
option anon_swap 1
config mount
option target /usb
option device /dev/sda1
option fstype ext4
option options rw,sync
option enabled 1
option enabled_fsck 0

config swap
option device /dev/sda2
option enabled 1

my opkg.conf:

src/gz pineapple_packages http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/mk5/packages
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
dest usb /usb
dest sd /sd

The USB drive appears on the list of "Attached USB Devices" on the USB Info tab of the Resources tile.

I'm attempting a reflash now, it's taking a while, so if thats fixes the issue I'll delete the thread or mark it solved. Any ideas or solutions you guys can provide are greatly appreciated.

given that you can install every infusion plus tons more on the supplied sd card i am wondering why you would want to waste the usb port in such a fashion? now, the only thing i can think of quickly would be to check how the usb stick is formated, i believe it needs to be ext4

(edit for rather bad typo)

Edited by Z4ub4d3

It's not really an issue of storage space, just thougth I'd try and get it working. Definetly not a necessity.

And the USB drive it formatted to ext4

well i certainly understand that. :)

We don't support USB drives for infusions anymore. As the pineapple requires an SD card inserted, we didn't see why not to offer take this step.

Adding a third option (USB) would just make things messy..

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

this i did not know. as always Seb in with the quick response. (i think he is a non-sleeping robot....