[Release] 1.0.4 - Codename: Stablesaurus

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

As I am sure many of you have noticed, lots of system infusion updates have been available through the WiFi Pineapple Bar in the past couple of weeks. Every firmware upgrade we shipped out to you contained all the updated infusions while fixing things that the WiFi Pineapple Bar could not.

Through these firmware upgrades and system infusion upgrades we were able to iron out any bugs that had been reported to us, at least in most regards (especially the webinterface)! Now, having completed this first milestone it is time to release the first real stable release on the 1.0 branch of the WiFi Pineapple MKV. Today, we present you the 1.0.4 firmware.

While 1.0.4 does not come packed with features or fixes, it comes bundled as one upgrade. Flash it and you will be on a stable release which you can trust for a while. The 1.0.4 upgrade has the following changes:

• Fix SSLStrip not being able to handle non https traffic.
  • Include all system infusion updates and fixes to stabilize the UI on a firmware release.
This will most likely be the last 1.0 release. Going further we have a lot of exciting new features coming for you.
We will be announcing more on this later, but there will be public beta tests again in the near future, thoroughly testing all new feature releases.
Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at https://wifipineapple.com?downloads)
MD5: 7885e5c715a1d2f5f3c4930f6d605c82
Note: To flash this over the web-interface, please make sure your info tile is at version >= 1.4
As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.
Bugs, suggestions can also (and should be) be left here.
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team

Hi Seb,

Thankx for the good work and the dedication to the pineapple.

I am afraid I need to report a bug though. When I try to connect to my home AP through the network tile, I still can't connect. When I check out the /etc/config/wireless file, the "option encryption" is set to "psk2+ccmp" whereas my AP requires "psk2+tkip+aes". It seems there is still a problem to detect the right encryption. When I change it by hand everything works fine.

Cheers

Thanks for the update but im experiencing anything but more stability.

Some times when i log in the tiles freeze up and the site stops responding.

Tested in two browsers same issue.

It will respond after 30 seconds or to log back in to the pineapple.

Edited by tone

DHCP Clients get served four nameservers with release 1.0.4. Not sure if this is intentional, or a bug but it seems to confuse dnsspoof.

From file /etc/config/dhcp:

config 'dhcp' 'lan'
        option 'interface' 'lan'
        option 'start' '100'
        option 'limit' '150'
        option 'leasetime' '12h'
        option 'ignore' '0'
        list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.42'
        list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.1'
        list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,8.8.8.8'
        list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,208.67.222.222'

Double option lines for dhcp_option 6. Is this correct?

Another question mark is that the randomroll tile "log output" window is always empty. Nothing seems to ever get displayed there.

Edited by common

karma persistent SSID seems broken for me in 1.0.4. It worked fine in 1.0.3, but with 1.0.4 the SSID is reset after reboot even when the persistance checkbox was set before reboot

Edit: a factory reset solved this. I had changed the mac of radio0 using the wifi manager infusion v1.4, and after a reboot I had apparently been gifted with wlan on a new radio2 as well.

Edited by common

Ssltrip now works perfectly, but doesn't let me log in. It justs harvest the passwords and doesn't do the authentication.

Can we specificy also the -k parameter in sslstrip (kill session) in any way? So if a user has a session open with the site it closes it and asks for username and password again.

• 1 month later...