[Release] 1.0.3 - Codename: Stripping

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

Even though I just launched 1.0.2, SSLStrip isn't that easily installable in 1.0.2. To fix that, we decided to finally just build SSLStrip right into our firmwares. Not only that, we also wanted to bump the SSLStrip version from 0.7 to 0.9. Below are the 1.0.3 changes.

• Add some python library fixes.
  • Include SSLStrip in firmware.
  • As usual, all system infusions have been updated.
I would like to apologize for releasing two upgrades so quickly after another.
We just felt that installing SSLStrip has always been an issue, back from the old MKIV days. Fixing it at the core was the best option we had. We hope everyone agrees.
Please note that if you had SSLStrip installed on your SD card (through the infusion or otherwise), please make sure to remove every trace of it and any python dependencies on it.
Otherwise SSLStrip doesn't run.
Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at https://wifipineapple.com?downloads)
MD5: 7885e5c715a1d2f5f3c4930f6d605c82
Note: To flash this over the web-interface, please make sure your info tile is at version >= 1.4
As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.
Bugs, suggestions can also (and should be) be left here.
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team

You said remove every trace of sslstrip and it's dependencies… So

opkg remove sslstrip

and what else for the other dependencies and python? I'd like to get all the correct commands to run before running the upgrade.

Edit:

Anybody else wanna see Sebkinne's Futurama Fix It video turned into a Random Roll? :)

"I got fed up with getting

sent to me" Edited by thesugarat

Infusion files are there.... Not so much with the being installed. I think i recall somebody telling how they got around this in another thread.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm glad everyone is smooth sailing on 1.0.3!

A WiFi Pineapple Bar update has been pushed to the WiFi Pineapple Bar (inception?). Update and your infusions stored on the SD card will be restored automatically.
Best Regards,
Sebkinne

Not sure If I'm doing something wrong but what I did was:

Uninstall sslstrip

Format SD

Update

After the update I installed the bar update and sslstrip infusion reapears (along with a few others (which shouldn't happen since I formated the sd?)) and I'm able to start sslstrip, but after that the network just blocks everything that is not ssl instead of sslstriping... It's the same issue I had when I stopped sslstrip without a reboot, it would block every traffic that is not https.

Am I doing something wrong?

You said remove every trace of sslstrip and it's dependencies… So

opkg remove sslstrip

and what else for the other dependencies and python? I'd like to get all the correct commands to run before running the upgrade.

Edit:

Anybody else wanna see Sebkinne's Futurama Fix It video turned into a Random Roll? :)

"I got fed up with getting

sent to me"

:)

Currently ssltrip 0.9 on OpenWRT fails with the following exception:

exceptions.AttributeError: ClientRequest instance has no attribute 'responseHeaders'

If you want to get sslstrip 0.9 working, do the following:

Comment out lines 97 and line 98 of /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sslstrip/ServerConnection.py file:

# elif (key.lower() == 'set-cookie'):
# self.client.responseHeaders.addRawHeader(key, value)

It should function normally after that.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Garland

Bravo Seb nice work!

I've done the last update! I did format the sd card, but when I installed the sd card update to see what was previously installed! so there were random role nmap evil portal! I had them uninstalled before the 1.0.1! this does not disturb me but kinda fun anyway! To find these remains!

Thanks seb and all the others who work hard with everything!

exceptions.AttributeError: ClientRequest instance has no attribute 'responseHeaders'

If you want to get sslstrip 0.9 working, do the following:

Comment out lines 97 and line 98 of /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sslstrip/ServerConnection.py file:

# elif (key.lower() == 'set-cookie'):

# self.client.responseHeaders.addRawHeader(key, value)

It should function normally after that.

Hope this helps.

even after that sslstrip is not working :-(

i go with the 1.0.1 again there sslstrip was working fine after some workaround...

i hope one nice day sslstrip is working with no problems but till then i dont do any updates anymore.

Edited by Tlows

even after that sslstrip is not working :-(

i go with the 1.0.1 again there sslstrip was working fine after some workaround...

i hope one nice day sslstrip is working with no problems but till then i dont do any updates anymore.

Worked for me.

Sadly URLsnarf doesn't work, also tried re-installing.

UPDATE: Now back-up and running. Silly me, fixed after reinstalling, followed by another reboot :). Whatever the issue was? Classic case of Turn-It-Off-And-On-Again. It was sorted by a 3rd reboot (1x after firmware upgrade, 1x after sslstrip upgrade, 1x after reinstalling urlsnarf).

Edited by midnitesnake

Alright, let's try to cover all questions in one post:

Q: My UI loads slowly after installing 1.0.3 and the WiFi Pineapple Bar update to 1.2

A: Upgrade your WiFi Pineapple Bar to 1.3!

Q: After installing 1.0.3 and the WiFi Pineapple Bar update, I am now seeing infusions that I thought I removed before.

A: They must have not removed cleanly. That could have happened for a couple of reasons. Just remove them through the WiFi Pineapple Bar after it automatically re-adds them to the webinterface.

Q: SSLStrip doesn't run!

A: It does for most people, it does for me. do an rm -rf /sd/* and try again. If that fails, re-flash to 1.0.3 (with a wiped SD card). SSLStrip should run without an issue. If it STILL doesn't run and we have real evidence that it is actually a reproducible bug by everyone, we will downgrade back to 0.7 and see how that works. Either way, it'll get fixed guys.

Q: URLSnarf doesn't work.

A: This is odd. I can't reproduce right now, but NOTHING has changed in regards to the dsniff packages since 1.0.0 -- hence why I cannot explain it.

I have also cleaned up this thread to only have firmware related issues. This means I have removed the posts speaking about the WiFi Pineapple Bar update slowing down the UI.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Q: SSLStrip doesn't run!

A: It does for most people, it does for me. do an rm -rf /sd/* and try again. If that fails, re-flash to 1.0.3 (with a wiped SD card). SSLStrip should run without an issue. If it STILL doesn't run and we have real evidence that it is actually a reproducible bug by everyone, we will downgrade back to 0.7 and see how that works. Either way, it'll get fixed guys.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

ok i tried what you said but even afer a re-flash with complete blank sd card i only get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 48, in callWithLogger
return callWithContext({"system": lp}, func, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 33, in callWithContext
return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 59, in callWithContext
return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 37, in callWithContext
return func(*args,**kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 139, in _doReadOrWrite
why = getattr(selectable, method)()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 362, in doRead
return self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py", line 232, in dataReceived
why = self.lineReceived(line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 388, in lineReceived
self.handleHeader(key, val)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sslstrip/ServerConnection.py", line 98, in handleHeader
self.client.responseHeaders.addRawHeader(key, value)
What can i do???
Am i the only stupid who dosnt get it to run properly?