Pineapple Battery Dead?

Skipper

I purchased a MKV Travel Bundle about a week or 2 ago and it arrived a few days ago, I left the battery on charge overnight (making sure to leave the switch in the OFF position) and I woke up this morning to find out that the battery lasted about 5 seconds when I plugged it into the Pineapple, I though maybe it didn't charge properly so I left it again for a few hours just to see if it wasn't faulty but I took it off charge and it didn't even turn on, I think it might be dead.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else's battery not been working?

I left it on charge all night yesterday with the Battery's switch in the ON position, the red LED was on all night but when I took it off charge it wouldn't turn on, I tried pressing the button on the side and it would't do anything either.

There has been a problem reported by numerous people including myself where the main power switch's solder can come loose if pressed too hard.

Usually as a result you can appear to be charging the battery, but it instantly turns off the second you unplug the charger, because even if the power switch is flicked ON, it won't actually charge unless the solder is completing the circuit.

While obviously opening up the unit to fix it yourself if your handy with a soldering iron could potentially solve your issue quite quickly, it can void the warranty. Alternatively you could get in touch with the Hak Shop guys to arrange to send it back for inspection and replacement.

I just opened mine up, pushed the switch in, re-soldered accordingly and it works perfectly, which was definitely the better option for me being in Australia.

My battery only lasts for 8 hours and takes 19 to charge. I have contacted the hakshop as well on Wednesday and just got a reply. Just curious, should I send the whole travel pack back or just the battery and charger?

Edited by 3lohim

My battery only lasts for 8 hours and takes 19 to charge. I have contacted the hakshop as well on Wednesday and just got a reply. Just curious, should I send the whole travel pack back or just the battery and charger?

Sara will provide instructions though I don't believe sending the whole travel pack will be necessary.

I bought the elite kit with my pinapple and I accidentally tried to charge my battery with the pinapples adapter. The battery had power but it didn't charge. When I used the adapter that came with the battery it charged no problem. Perhaps this could be the cause of some of the battery issues.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like my battery from the travel kit is not getting fully loaded either. It lasts a few hours and only shows 2 leds after +/- 16 hours of loading.

I guess the battery was maybe not the best choice but I'm glad it works anyway.

I bought the elite kit with my pinapple and I accidentally tried to charge my battery with the pinapples adapter. The battery had power but it didn't charge. When I used the adapter that came with the battery it charged no problem. Perhaps this could be the cause of some of the battery issues.

Just my 2 cents.

It lives. I was using the WRONG CHARGER! -_-

Thank you, now I can start having some real fun with it :D