How to Dial a Phone in England?

BlueWyvern

Sorry Guys, but I was certain someone would have the answer here.

I am traveling to Leeds in a week for work and everyone else at the company had to have the operator always call the cab for them or any other dialing for that matter.

I have tried searching Google, but I keep coming up with how to call the US from England or vice versa, Can anyone Give me a clear cut guide to dialing a phone over there?

Thank you!

Again Sorry it's not security Related!

Sorry Guys, but I was certain someone would have the answer here.

I am traveling to Leeds in a week for work and everyone else at the company had to have the operator always call the cab for them or any other dialing for that matter.

I have tried searching Google, but I keep coming up with how to call the US from England or vice versa, Can anyone Give me a clear cut guide to dialing a phone over there?

Thank you!

Again Sorry it's not security Related!

Uhh.... well it is the same way as over there AFAIK, if the number is local to you you don't need the area code and just dial the number if it is international you add the country code and if it is in another area you add the area code. FYI most numbers are listed with the area code. Mobile numbers you just dial the number and country code if it is international.

Depending on where you are dialing from, you may need to press 9 for an outside line (e.g. from a work place or some hotels).

Aside from that, what Tom said. Whatever number it says on the cab firm's card or yell.co.uk - just dial that.

I am traveling to Leeds

My commiserations (I kid, I kid). :)