Dual monitors help

Loki

My question is simple: I want to run dual monitors on my computer but I would like to know how this would affect gameing or if it would even affect my gameing in any way. Part of what I would like to know is would the game immage be split to both monitors or would It play normally?

Thanks in advance,

Loki

Whats your graphics card like? I've only got a Nvidia 6200 256mb agp card, but it appears to be enough to drive gaming on both a monitor and a TV at the same time. This was on X-Plane, I had an external chase view and a cockpit at around 30fps on both, at 1047 by 768.

I don't have the card yet because I was wondering how it would affect my gameing such as would the image be displayed on bot monitors or would it be displayed normally. I just wanted a little information before I go buying anything.

I run dual monitors off my dev/game pc using a radeon x850xt plat. and it doesnt inpact game performance. games start in the primary monitor and get great frames. i play most of my games in a window with irc in the secondary monitor so that i can quickly switch back and forth. good stuff.

oh, and if you're going to go dual you might want to google for the program "ultramon", it's really nice.

yeah i just use the built in windows stuff, extended desktop. works nice. ive played with the nvidia stuff before too.

once a long time ago i got really bored and setup a machine with 3 video cards (one agp, two pci) and ran unreal tournament across all 3 in software rendering mode.

it ran pretty bad but looked awesome

Thanks for the help, really cleared things up for me.

well it looks like im going shopping tomorrow. This sucks i just got paid and im going to be broke before tuesday oh well its worth it 8)

thanks again, Loki

Edit: I will be ordering the radeon x850xt from newegg tomorrow I should have it in about 3 or 4 days i can't wait.

Ive changed the card I was getting so now i have a new question, If I install the dual monitor card is there any way that I can use both the Dual monitor card and my onboard graphics so that I can have a total of 3 monitors?

All do i do'nt play game i can tell you that working with dubbel (or more) monitors on a windows box is sweet.

On my workingstation i have 2 monitors on a some what older matrox G400 dual monitor (AGP) card.

:wink:

Gerard