FBI / Police confiscating the pineapple - Lawyer up and shut your mouth

nmap

Those of us who make a living pentesting are a slight more responsible than sitting in a Stabucks hitting strangers with an MITM.

Would also like to add, I've sat in public areas in central London surrounded by 9db aerials, pineapples and assorted kit. The only interest the Police took was making sure I wasn't obstructing anybody. Use your common sense and you should be fine.

Also, if you do eventually become a pentester you'll likely find most all professional bodies will strip you of any accreditations you may hold should you try to mess with the Police, refuse to hand over data etc.

Oh and you'd likely lose your job if your employer found out.

Do nothing illegal, nothing to hide etc. :)

Also, if you do eventually become a pentester you'll likely find most all professional bodies will strip you of any accreditations you may hold should you try to mess with the Police, refuse to hand over data etc.

Oh and you'd likely lose your job if your employer found out.

Do nothing illegal, nothing to hide etc. :)

I 100% disagree. If you work for a security firm and possibly have proprietary and/or confidential information on any device and you voluntarily turn that information over to the police or leave it in a state that easily allows them to access it THAT would be grounds for immediate termination and possible civil judgements against the company and yourself. If the police feel the need to see any information they can get a warrant.

Also the mindset that you have nothing to hide if you are not doing anything illegal is flawed on so many levels.

This thread should probably be moved out of the MkV section.

Edited by lostngone

The police, in good faith, are not going to steal a company's data and do horrible things with it. Police deal with people's personal information (DOB, Name, Address, SSN, etc.) on a daily basis.

A side from lots of assumptions, this thread has turned into a lot of "internet lawyers".

I feel the original poster has gotten the hint of his mistakes considering he hasn't logged back in since 41 minutes after creating this thread. And also used a disposable email for registration. So it will be locked.