Bricked? Solid green light

idiocracy2

I seem to have bricked the unbrickable? I got my Pineapple a little while ago and it was working just fine for the first little bit. Then after unplugging it one night the next day it wouldn't boot back up. All I am getting for lights on it is a solid green light none of the other lights turn on. I have tried using the dip switches to either reset the system defaults of to get into the recovery web interface. But once again all I get is the solid green light on the Pineapple. I have also tried powering the Pineapple with the pineapple juice battery that I just received to see if the issue was with the power supply but that does not seem to be the issue.

What are my options now? Is there any other possible things I could try?

No I can't. No matter what mode I put the Pineapple in my laptop doesn't see any device connected to the Ethernet port.

Just to note when plug my Pineapple in I immediately get a solid green light. I do not get any other lights flashing stating that it is booting up or doing something else.

I have a similar issue with the difference being I get solid green, blue and red lights. When I plug it into the switch there is no activity on the switch port even after power up.

The unit did work briefly, but I suspect the hardware has died on me. Any suggestions would very much appreciated.

I seem to have bricked the unbrickable? I got my Pineapple a little while ago and it was working just fine for the first little bit. Then after unplugging it one night the next day it wouldn't boot back up. All I am getting for lights on it is a solid green light none of the other lights turn on. I have tried using the dip switches to either reset the system defaults of to get into the recovery web interface. But once again all I get is the solid green light on the Pineapple. I have also tried powering the Pineapple with the pineapple juice battery that I just received to see if the issue was with the power supply but that does not seem to be the issue.

What are my options now? Is there any other possible things I could try?

It looks like you might have a hardware failure. Just to verify, you have shut down your pineapple, flipped to DIPs to up, up, up, down (left to right), booted it with an Ethernet cable plugged in and a static IP of 192.168.1.2 and are not able to reach the web-interface? If so, contact shop@hak5.org for an exchange.

I have a similar issue with the difference being I get solid green, blue and red lights. When I plug it into the switch there is no activity on the switch port even after power up.

The unit did work briefly, but I suspect the hardware has died on me. Any suggestions would very much appreciated.

Doesn't sound like it broke. Please follow the instructions found at https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing at the very bottom (Unbricking a bricked MKV).

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I joined the forum because i have been having the same problem. I can connect and flash after i flip the dip up, up,up,up, down. The problem i am having is that after the flash and the restart of the device i cannot connect. I tried the card that came with the device and i also tried a different card that i flashed with 1.01. Any help would be great.

Ok.. I think you're actually serious with that question.... Kinda scared right now.... :) Seriously though it depends on your OS and is a fundamental aspect of networking. I'm going to assume you're on Windows. I searched Google for "how to set a static IP address"

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/