Close to giving up, need some help please.

oldmactech

I'm not a programmer.

Mac guy, vanilla OSX 10.9 user. I've watched numerous uTubes and read all the blogs about how to program the USB rubber ducky and I just don't get it. I have downloaded all the docs and files that should get me there but I know nothing about how to envoke Duckencode or exactly what I need to do in the OSX environment.

I am sure it is something embarrassingly simple but it would help me greatly if someone would post a few steps on how to create and upload some code from a Mac.

Thanks.

JB

Firmware

In the ducky guide (there is a link in my signature) refer to appendix "Flashing Guide: Linux/OSX"

Dfu-programmer is also available through macports, but it is a pretty good walkthrough of compiling from source. To compile from source you need to download X-code from the app store, and follow the install macports walkthrough.

You can then change the firmware (if you want) to the ones found on the ducky-decode website (again see my sig for the link).

Payloads

You need Java (version 1.7, Apple only supports 1.6 so you have to get v1.7 from Sun/Java website)

Also read up on https://code.google.com/p/ducky-decode/wiki/Encoder_Howto

Once Java is installed, the application to convert your plain-text ducky script into a binary (inject.bin) the Ducky reads, is through a command line interface.

Open up a Terminal (Command-Space, type Terminal, Enter), navigate to the directory where encoder.jar or Encoder.jar is located using standard linux command-line statements.

Execute the encoder with the following command:

java -jar ./encoder.jar -i my_script.txt -o inject.bin

copy the inject.bin to the ducky's sd-card, then insert sd-card into the ducky, ducky into the computer, and hopefully your payload should trigger :)

Any problems hit up the Ducky forum/IRC where there should be at least one other person to help at any given time.

Edited by midnitesnake

I appreciate the detailed and simplified response.

I have been on the right track and close to what you recommend but for some reason when I start x-code it freezes at the dock. At least I know now that once I'm able to sort that out I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

Jb

Sorry, don't know what you mean by this?

"Open up a Terminal (Command-Space, type Terminal, Enter), navigate to the directory where encoder.jar or Encoder.jar is located using standard linux command-line statements." (know how to open terminal, but not familiar with standard linux command-line statements) Enlighten me please?

Thanks.

JB

cd /path to the files

If you were in say /home/username, and the files are in the users home folder already, do an ls or dir, and list all the files to show whats in the directory you are in. Being that this is the duck, you would need to remove the micro-sd card, use a USB reader, and find the card to put the encoded files on it once done making your payload(at least on my older one I do it that way, I don't have the newer ones that are both HID and USB Storage capable). MAC file systems though, even though I don't own one, are unix like, and as far as I know, follow the similar commands as linux, so you would cd (change directory) to the path where the files are. If they are in / then "cd /" and the ls to show files. If its on an external drive like the micro-sd card, it might show as something like /dev/sda1 or something, but someone else interject since I don't use OSX and am not familiar with their terminal. Last time I used a MAC was like 1995 in college for a graphics art class on an old Apple II I think and we never opened a terminal for what we needed.