SD card stopped working

xrad

I finally had a chance to start playing with my new toys.

I added about 9 or 10 infusions.

Then I added reaver and was playing with that......another question on that later.

I rebooted the Mark V, after reboot the pineapple will no longer read my sd card.

I did a factory reset, but no joy.

Any suggestions?

I put a sd card from another pineapple and it reads it fine.

Should I attempt to reflash the sd card, or get in touch with hakshop for a replacement?

Thanks in advanced

Edited by xrad

both sd cards I got from the hak shop died on me (one in my pineapple one in my duck) I don't really care I can buy an 8gb for less than $7 and shipping a new one to me would probably cost as much as the card.

both sd cards I got from the hak shop died on me (one in my pineapple one in my duck) I don't really care I can buy an 8gb for less than $7 and shipping a new one to me would probably cost as much as the card.

That's fine I guess, but I am trying to reflash the pineapple, I went ahead and followed the flashing instructions.

I was able to format the card, (fat), and extract the firmware on the card.

I got into mk5 recovery uploaded the stager.bin.........when it was done, I put the dip switch in the up position inserted the sd card, then powered cycled the mark5.

Now all I get is the green light on and flashing of the yellow light..........can not connect......

I even tried running stager from the card from the other pineapple...........again no joy........

After running stager the recovery mode it says to put the dip back in the up position before cycling power so I did that.

Did I brick my pineapple?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by xrad

Got it..... Got it....... Yay

After 20 minutes of pineapple spinning and spinning during format.... I decided to just close the format window and test it.

Then I paid more attention where I unzipped the md5 and firmware, a firmware folder was being created, so I just moved the files to the root of the sd.

After doing that everything went well.

That was fun.

Glad to hear it!

Thanks jjd for the help and being on standby.

I was reading the other thread https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30839-install-to-sd-card-no-longer-an-option-in-the-pineapple-bar/

It was exactly what happened to me last night, download failed during randomroll install, but it didn't start until I attempted to install the

Tor infusion........no matter what I do the tor infusion goes to 133.3% and just sits there and never installs.

I wonder if anyone is getting this?

Got it..... Got it....... Yay

After 20 minutes of pineapple spinning and spinning during format.... I decided to just close the format window and test it.

Then I paid more attention where I unzipped the md5 and firmware, a firmware folder was being created, so I just moved the files to the root of the sd.

After doing that everything went well.

That was fun.

What firmware folder is it creating? The ZIP should contain two files and no folders. I just verified, the ZIP sd_files-1.0.0.zip does not contain any folders. Especially none named firmware. I'd be happy if you could clear this up as if there is an issue we can fix it!

Thanks jjd for the help and being on standby.

I was reading the other thread https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30839-install-to-sd-card-no-longer-an-option-in-the-pineapple-bar/

It was exactly what happened to me last night, download failed during randomroll install, but it didn't start until I attempted to install the

Tor infusion........no matter what I do the tor infusion goes to 133.3% and just sits there and never installs.

I wonder if anyone is getting this?

Make sure your pineapple bar is up-to-date!

I was causing the problem with the zip file, it wasn't a problem with the zip.

But, on 2 seperate pineapples the torgateway goes to "133.3%" and never installs.

I have clicked on the pineapple bar update in the main screen, and updated the 2 fixes first.

After several resets and updates on both pineapples and updating the 2 needed firmware patches,

I still get 133.3%.

I have tried Firefox and Chrome and I get the same result.

Every other infusion seems to install properly, with the exception of sslstrip.

It's just the torgateway doesn't seem to want to install.

Could you try it and see if it does it for you Sebkinne?

Or is there any other way for me to install it.........ssh or scp?

Edited by xrad

I was causing the problem with the zip file, it wasn't a problem with the zip.

But, on 2 seperate pineapples the torgateway goes to "133.3%" and never installs.

I have clicked on the pineapple bar update in the main screen, and updated the 2 fixes first.

After several resets and updates on both pineapples and updating the 2 needed firmware patches,

I still get 133.3%.

I have tried Firefox and Chrome and I get the same result.

Every other infusion seems to install properly, with the exception of sslstrip.

It's just the torgateway doesn't seem to want to install.

Could you try it and see if it does it for you Sebkinne?

Or is there any other way for me to install it.........ssh or scp?

Try again! See if that changed anything.