computer shop names

hakgipc

I don't think you should open one first becuase your like 12. Second you don 't have the money. 3rd you don't have a place for business. 4th your annoying as hell. 5th your a noob.
Haha, well said.

ok im 19, two my father happends to have plenty of money owning blocks and housing everywhere and he said he will buy a few stores for me, 3rdly as i said location can be bout as money is not a problem 4 me, 4th u dont know me, 5th ill own u anyday lawl :D

lawl, your a fag and know nothing about computers.

i think that is a bit of a harsh comment....

someone said about door to door fixing .. I myself was thinking about that, but im only 14, would people really trust me?

and second what about the whole tax thing?

but say i order a part for them, eg a Hard drive?

or if someone asks me to build them a pc, whats the deal with tax? (om in the UK and under 18, and dont have a naional insurance number)

get confusing

then a biggar worry, would people trust me?

then the biggest, would i know how to fix all their problems?

well you order the parts and build it for them. Its not that difficult. it would be just as if they ordered there own parts. Will they trust you now that is something you have to prove on your own. You will prove yourself by word of mouth. Tell everyone to tell there friends and what not. Now can you fix evryones porblems uh I don't know that is all up to how much research you want to do and what not. but think about it do you think computer shops always know the anwsers nope but they know where to look to find more help. :) GOOGLE

but say i order a part for them, eg a Hard drive?

or if someone asks me to build them a pc, whats the deal with tax? (om in the UK and under 18, and dont have a naional insurance number)

get confusing

then a biggar worry, would people trust me?

then the biggest, would i know how to fix all their problems?

Re: Tax... cash in hand mate, no paper trail. no need to worry about tax at all. You'd have to be earning something like £5K a year to even start worrying about it. If they need a part, tell them what to order exactly and get them to place the order.

People might not trust you, and it might be a good idea to bring an adult if your planning on waltzing into strangers houses. Start off with mates, friends of the family, the people on your block etc. Get word of mouth out and you should be sorted, as you'll be charging less than most pro's anyway. A good place to start is handeling tech support for people. Or doing PC cleanup stuff (install AVG, Ad-Aware, Zone-Alarm and Firefox).

As for being good enough, thats your call. If you can't fix a problem, at least workout what the problem is, and explain to them what the next step is.

I have fixed PC's for money before for friends of the faimly, e.g. one of my dad's co-workers, maybe i could use them as referals?

i probally should spread i few flyers if i want to do it >.> ... hmm, i need money for anew desktop you see.

Start out with deciding what you feel is a good fee for your time and effort, and stick with it religiously. Yes, that means your parents, your friends, your family's friends. The people who typically talk you into doing that stuff for free "because it's all so easy for you to fix". Charge them, and make sure they are aware of the fee up front. Don't do fixed price, but pay by the hour. Give an indication, but make sure they are aware it's because of your assumption that this shouldn't take more than so long, and if it somehow does take longer you will charge them more, regardless.

When you're there, make a point of doing the work thoroughly, but *quickly*. Don't try to squeeze money out of them by dicking around in the registry simply because you know they won't know the difference between you looking interested at rubbish you weren't planning to touch in the first place, and actually fixing the issue. You need to build trust, as well as a reputation that you're worth the money spent on you. Chances are you'll get a nice tip anyways, plus the repeat business will be well worth it.

Just think about it as the IT equivilant of mowing lawns... If you need regular cash, you need a job... which is going to be a problem at 14 what with school etc.

The best info ever spoken. I need to start my own little IT biz but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Let me tell you (as a former computer store's owner) that running a computer store is a killing business.

If on one hand your employes ain't robbing your blind then the competition wil do its verry best to get you under.

Keep in mind that the profit on every sold item in computer store's are verry low and you realy got to sell a lot of hardware to make some do (money).

The most profit in computer store's are made on computer rep: on computers that are both by other computer store's or online.

I know what iám talking about I had start it my first computer store 15 years ago and build it in 10 years time up to 3 store's.

And sold lock stock and barrel 5 years ago becouse of a health problem that came with working 16 hours a day.

:wink:

Gerard

Guns, drugs and prostitution, remember that’s where the moneys at and you will go far. It’s a good idea setting up a “legitimate†business as a front. :D

I once designed a massive spreadsheet that calculated how long it would take you to get back into profit selling dope based on the amount you purchased in bulk and at what cost, the amount you sold, the price you sold it at, the amount you smoked yourself and a few other variables. The average is about 7-10 weeks to see profit with a mild habit and a regular customer base, but the drugs market is extremely volitile and you seem to spend much of your time walking about on your own at night. I really wouldn't bother.