Wireless ICS Problem

514senica

I cannot figure out how to fix my wireless connection sharing between wlan1, and wlan0. Devices connecting to my pineapple do not receive internet despite wlan1 being connected in client mode to my wireless network. Internet sharing works fine when I tether my pineapple to my laptop over Ethernet. I have done factory restores (and have applied "wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot"), have installed the wireless manager infusion (and tried using the "ICS" tab). Any suggestions for something else to try?

Thanks in advance

I cannot figure out how to fix my wireless connection sharing between wlan1, and wlan0. Devices connecting to my pineapple do not receive internet despite wlan1 being connected in client mode to my wireless network. Internet sharing works fine when I tether my pineapple to my laptop over Ethernet. I have done factory restores (and have applied "wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot"), have installed the wireless manager infusion (and tried using the "ICS" tab). Any suggestions for something else to try?

Thanks in advance

Hi 514senica,

Try the following steps:

1. Factory reset

2. Run wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot

3. When the pineapple comes back up, have it connect to an open access point (or change your home wifi to no encryption temporary to see if it'll connect and have internet)

You should now be able to access the Internet and if not, skip to step 5. If you have internet, go to the pineapple bar and download the network update then apply the encryption back to your wireless network to protect yourself

4. Now open the network infusion and see if you can get internet access through your wireless network.

If connecting to an open access point fails to give you internet access, try the following:

5. Run "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" without quotes

Let us know...

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried everything you have suggested. I think it might be something with wlan1. If I connect my laptop to the pineapple that is using wireless ICS, and brows 172.16.42.1:1471, its not too laggy. However if I connect my laptop to my home ap, and brows the ip:1471, (assigned to wlan1) the page usually times out. Sometimes it loads but its is painful. Like wise I can make a ssh connection to wlan1, but it usually closes the connection after a few minutes.

Edited by 514senica