7dBi Panel Antenna

Lucard

The antenna port on the WiFi Pineapple Mark V is female, both antennas that come with it are sma male but "The 7dBi Panel Antenna” has a sma female connection. Although you can connect the antenna to the WiFi Pineapple Mark V. The 7dBi Panel Antenna does not have the small pin that goes into the WiFi Pineapple Mark V connection port.

post-45583-0-49596500-1383608694_thumb.j

Amylase is right... The Mk5 has SMA connectors and the Mk4, which the 7dbi panel is for, uses RP-SMA (Reverse Polarity-SMA). That amazon link is exactly what I purchased. Interfaces with my other cords, Hawking Amplifier and Backfire Antenna for long distance Pineapple fun. Theoretically I can now hook it to the wlan1 and I can reaver and deauth etc, hook it to wlan0 and I can Karma or give Free WiFi to several blocks.

Yes I'm using the HSB2 from Hawking. I bought one of the cheaper ones originally and fried it within a day. The Hawking is a champ. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. The items I'll post below are what I use but they aren't for a mobile use of the pineapple.

Hawking HSB2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009MYSHU

Backfire Antenna

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/backfire.php

The antenna port on the WiFi Pineapple Mark V is female, both antennas that come with it are sma male but "The 7dBi Panel Antenna” has a sma female connection. Although you can connect the antenna to the WiFi Pineapple Mark V. The 7dBi Panel Antenna does not have the small pin that goes into the WiFi Pineapple Mark V connection port.

I am a bit confused about the types of adapters.

For connecting the 7dBi Panel Antenna (or other antenneas from the Mark IV) I need an adapter as linked to on Amazon? (SMA-Male to SMA-RP-Female)

yes sir thats right. that adapter is what I bought and it works fine. the difference is the center pin in the connectors. The outside threads are the same so it will feel and look like it is connected but if you look closely you'll see that there is actually no connection being made. So the adapter linked to on Amazon has the center pin on both ends of the adapter.

SMA-RPSMA.png?1357662460