Share: My Custom NoDogSplash / Evil Portal Landing Page

chriswhat

All the problems I had getting this start was due to Windows.

All the solutions came out of Chris's youtube channel. Well I installed kali myself, but after that everything is explained awesome, quality sound, sharp designer (YES I referred to him as a Sharp designer).

After editing my own png's I have exactly what I bought the pineapple for. My own Call-to-Action downtown.

I will be eagerly searching a way to collect emails and phone numbers next.

Thanks Chris

All the problems I had getting this start was due to Windows.

All the solutions came out of Chris's youtube channel. Well I installed kali myself, but after that everything is explained awesome, quality sound, sharp designer (YES I referred to him as a Sharp designer).

After editing my own png's I have exactly what I bought the pineapple for. My own Call-to-Action downtown.

I will be eagerly searching a way to collect emails and phone numbers next.

Thanks Chris

I'm glad my tutorials have helped you out. The sound quality in my last three tutorials has vastly improved since I bought a professional-grade microphone and started editing my audio with Adobe Audition. Before that I was using a homemade PVC mic stand with an iPhone headset taped to it. It was creative but aesthetically it was substandard. Anyways, more tutorials coming soon. Feel free to make requests.

Most of the tutorial videos out there have the speaker going "ummm", "errr", "uhh" every few second or between thoughts. You didn't do any of that, you were at a good pace, and I could understand every word you spoke. Yours was one of the most professional sounding tutorials that I have heard. Thanks for that, I look forward to more.

Most of the tutorial videos out there have the speaker going "ummm", "errr", "uhh" every few second or between thoughts. You didn't do any of that, you were at a good pace, and I could understand every word you spoke. Yours was one of the most professional sounding tutorials that I have heard. Thanks for that, I look forward to more.

From what I've seen, most tutorials don't have any commentary at all... and most require the viewer to read a text file on screen while listening to background music. I think my tutorials have been successful (by my standards) because I avoid elaborating on every detail. People want to get straight to the point.

Since I posted my first video a little over 1 year ago, I've learned a lot from my viewers. It's funny because I had no intention of starting a consistent YouTube channel. I posted the first tutorial as a demo to show some family members why they shouldn't use WEP encryption. Then, people started subscribing and asking me to make more tutorials... so I did. Anyways, thanks for watching.

Thank you. Always good to hear positive feedback. Coming next... a tutorial on how to manage your Pineapple remotely via SSH and the web interface. It'll include setting up a relay server but it's through a paid service- you can pay $5 flat for the month or $0.007 hourly. So it costs approximately 17-cents per day if you leave your server running 24-hours a day. It's very affordable. I decided to use the paid service for the tutorial because the free servers are far more difficult to configure, and would make the tutorial much more complex. I've never created a tutorial that requires my viewers to sign up for a paid service so I'm curious to see the reactions I get. At the very least, my viewers will gain an understanding of relay servers and why they're necessary for remote management.

Also, I have some new Kali Linux and Android tutorials coming soon as well.

Can't wait! :D

I set a relay up as a VM sitting on my home server. Of course I'm not doing anything where I would mind it pointing back to my own IP.

That said, virtual box and Ubuntu are free. I like free way better than cheap :). The only thing I pay for is a Dynamic DNS service, which I already had for other reasons. After I bought it, I noticed my IP hadn't changed in over a year anyway, but I needed a hostname for why I originally grabbed it, so I guess it works out.

Edited by commdogg

commdogg,

Like you, I have a dedicated machine running Ubuntu Server at home; but I don't think it's ideal for most beginners. If you have a machine that you can dedicate to the server and leave on your home network, then it's the best option (and FREE). If you're server is on public WiFi (i.e. Starbucks) or 3G/4G, the firewall doesn't allow incoming connections. If your Pineapple is on public WiFi or 3G/4G, same problem. So this means that you're very limited unless your server is on a network that you have control over.

Edited by chriswhat

LeeVai,

I've had a number of people make similar requests. Off the top of my head, here is a list of the commands that I most frequently use. Is this what you mean when you say "basic commands?"

cd - used to navigating your file system.

ls - used to display files in a directory. Can also display information about files, and display all subdirectories and contents.

whatis - used to display information about a specified command.

whereis - used to display the location of a specified command.

rm | rmdir - used to delete files and directories.

mkdir - used to create directories and subdirectories.

cp - used to copy and move files.

mv - used to rename files.

echo - used to output text to your display or a file. Can be used for simple things like creating a file and/ or adding text to a file.

tar - used to create, extract, and view .tar, .tar.gz, tar.bz2, archives. Can also be used to estimate the size of a .tar archive.

gzip - used to create and extract .gz files.

unzip - used to extract and view the contents of .zip files.

grep - used to search for a specified string in a file.

cat - used to view the contents of a file or multiple files.

sort - used to sort the contents of a file by a specified order.

vim - used to create an interactive session for editing the contents of a file.

find - used to locate files and issue a command to the file(s) found.

locate - used to locate files and directories.

ps - used to display system processes.

uname - used to display system information.

passwd - used to change or disable passwords for root and other users.

chmod - used to change the permissions of a file or directory.

su - used to switch between user accounts.

ifconfig - used to display and configure network interfaces.

ping - used to check the status of a local network, remote hosts, etc. Can also be used for other things, like obtaining the IP address of a host.

wget - used to download software.

There are so many commands and variations (because of options) that it would be impossible for me to cover all of them in a single tutorial. I could create a single tutorial that would cover common commands or I could make a more comprehensive tutorial series instead. For example, network commands, file system navigation and management commands, system commands, etc. What would you prefer?

hups chriswhat, thats about it what i was talking about :-)

a year ago i was still very new to the linux comotion and it took me a while to get in to it. Especially installing programs with the command line took me a bit. Also learning to navigate is very important. Now i know it's peanuts but very important for beginning or future users.

About that time I bought a book from Vivek Ramachandran about backtrack 5 and some days later my first alfa awus036h and that's what finally brought me to this place, when I figured out that MITM is so much easyer with the pineapple then using brctl, addbr, addif, etc... However finding great tutorials for beginners is sometimes messy..

hups chriswhat, thats about it what i was talking about :-)

a year ago i was still very new to the linux comotion and it took me a while to get in to it. Especially installing programs with the command line took me a bit. Also learning to navigate is very important. Now i know it's peanuts but very important for beginning or future users.

About that time I bought a book from Vivek Ramachandran about backtrack 5 and some days later my first alfa awus036h and that's what finally brought me to this place, when I figured out that MITM is so much easyer with the pineapple then using brctl, addbr, addif, etc... However finding great tutorials for beginners is sometimes messy..

Being self-taught and having no friends who share my interest in pen-testing forced me to rely on my own ability to learn through research and experimentation. The experiences that I had as a beginner led me to understand and appreciate the importance of starting at step one, and I think those values are reflected in my tutorials. However, it's my opinion that, to become self-sufficient, problem solving skills are essential. My video tutorials provide a high-level understanding of many tools, techniques, and concepts; however, it is ultimately the viewer's responsibility to further explore the concepts that I demonstrate. By doing so, they will inevitably encounter obstacles. In the course of overcoming those obstacles, they will encounter new obstacles. As a result, they will develop their problem solving skills, broaden their understanding of the topic that they were initially exploring, and learn about new topics. This cycle never ends, but its ability to motivate and influence improvement compensates for the frustration that it causes. There is always a challenge ahead, and there are always problems waiting to be solved.

Ironically, this is the only forum that I've ever participated in; and, through my participation, I've learned that asking questions is one of the most invaluable problem solving methods at your disposal. Just remember, if you don't know the answer, always ask questions... If you know the answer, always answer questions. This way of thinking makes the world go around.

I went off on a bit of a tangent there... sorry. Anyways, I've added Linux commands to my list of upcoming tutorials. I'm considering posting written tutorials as well. I've written so many guides that by the time I make their video counterpart, they'll be obsolete.

Wow! Fantastic work on those video tutorials. Very professional.

Thanks, glad you like them. I'm in the process of creating more but have been running into some problems since one of my USB ports went out. Running a USB mic and a USB network adapter on the same hub is creating issues (mic stops recording audio).

I have done lots of written tutorials... I think I'll start adding them to the Pineapple Wiki.

If you wouldn't mind, could you link your written tuts as well? Just finished watching your video tutorial on dSploit. There are not enough O's in the word smooooth. :D

Thanks, glad you like them. I'm in the process of creating more but have been running into some problems since one of my USB ports went out. Running a USB mic and a USB network adapter on the same hub is creating issues (mic stops recording audio).

I have done lots of written tutorials... I think I'll start adding them to the Pineapple Wiki.

If you wouldn't mind, could you link your written tuts as well? Just finished watching your video tutorial on dSploit. There are not enough O's in the word smooooth. :D

I haven't posted my written tutorials anywhere yet but, as soon as I do, I'll post a link here. I want to through some guides on the Pineapple Wiki too. Thanks for watching.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, great tutorials and thread :)

I am in a situation where after hours of messing around with dnsspoof and having read every dns related thread here about the mark V, my dnsspoof is still not working and i've given up on that.

Coming across nodogsplash I am trying to achieve the same thing sort of by using this tool. I saved facebook as splash.html and it gets forwarded to the victim pc properly (with exception of layout but i want to worry about form handling first). However I am finding that my victim browser is getting stuck on error.php after form submission. It also failed to process redirect.php when i initially set up splash.html as a meta refresh to redirect.php.

Is nodogsplash not able to process php files? if so please let me know so i can stop killing myself to try to get this to work lol.

how could I set up a way to log form submissions if php pages i place in that directory do not want to process that information?

Much appreciated!

Hi Chris, great tutorials and thread :)

I am in a situation where after hours of messing around with dnsspoof and having read every dns related thread here about the mark V, my dnsspoof is still not working and i've given up on that.

Coming across nodogsplash I am trying to achieve the same thing sort of by using this tool. I saved facebook as splash.html and it gets forwarded to the victim pc properly (with exception of layout but i want to worry about form handling first). However I am finding that my victim browser is getting stuck on error.php after form submission. It also failed to process redirect.php when i initially set up splash.html as a meta refresh to redirect.php.

Is nodogsplash not able to process php files? if so please let me know so i can stop killing myself to try to get this to work lol.

how could I set up a way to log form submissions if php pages i place in that directory do not want to process that information?

Much appreciated!

Nodogsplash indeed doesn't handle .php files.