Share: My Custom NoDogSplash / Evil Portal Landing Page

chriswhat

Just wanted to share the custom landing page that I created for Nodogsplash and the Evil Portal infusion. You can download the package from the link provided below. The package includes the image files, splash page html code, and my PDS projects.

Feel free to customize or improve the files and enjoy!

Download the package - http://www.sunstudiophoto.com/pineapple/portal.zip

If you need help installing Evil Portal and setting up your captive portal, watch my full-length tutorial -

"http://youtu.be/nw4bo4rXGgQ"

Here are some screenshots of the portal. The first screenshot shows the portal without any user interaction. The second screenshot shows the portal after the user has scrolled over the accept button (a check mark appears).

Edited by chriswhat

Careful with that. If you use it for anything malicious, using our Trademark is a big no-no.

Saying that, it looks sexy.

Sebkinne,

No worries. I just wanted to create something that Pineapple fans would appreciate. I included my PSD project files so anyone can customize them. The splash wouldn't be half as sexy without the Pineapple logo though.

That is way cool!!! Have you created any others?

Good Stuff!

No, not yet, but I'm making some improvements. I'm going to make the terms of use area scrollable so I can add more comprehensive terms. I'm also going to add input fields (I.e. signup- email and password ) that will post user input data back to me.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, post them.

Nice job on the landing page. The link for your tutorial is not showing up, would like to see it though.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up. It appears on my end. I'll just put the link in quotes.

"http://youtu.be/nw4bo4rXGgQ"

Edited by chriswhat

Thanks Chris, very good tutorial.

Awsome work! great vid!

Works like a charm!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you guys liked the tutorial and the captive portal.

Hey chriswhat, also been checking your YouTube profile and other tutorials out there. Keep going, these are high quality and easy to follow tutorials. Guessing you have a lot of work and mentioning a tutorial on linux basic commands would be a great idea for anyone starting with linux. Cheers

Hey chriswhat, also been checking your YouTube profile and other tutorials out there. Keep going, these are high quality and easy to follow tutorials. Guessing you have a lot of work and mentioning a tutorial on linux basic commands would be a great idea for anyone starting with linux. Cheers

LeeVai,

I've had a number of people make similar requests. Off the top of my head, here is a list of the commands that I most frequently use. Is this what you mean when you say "basic commands?"

cd - used to navigating your file system.

ls - used to display files in a directory. Can also display information about files, and display all subdirectories and contents.

whatis - used to display information about a specified command.

whereis - used to display the location of a specified command.

rm | rmdir - used to delete files and directories.

mkdir - used to create directories and subdirectories.

cp - used to copy and move files.

mv - used to rename files.

echo - used to output text to your display or a file. Can be used for simple things like creating a file and/ or adding text to a file.

tar - used to create, extract, and view .tar, .tar.gz, tar.bz2, archives. Can also be used to estimate the size of a .tar archive.

gzip - used to create and extract .gz files.

unzip - used to extract and view the contents of .zip files.

grep - used to search for a specified string in a file.

cat - used to view the contents of a file or multiple files.

sort - used to sort the contents of a file by a specified order.

vim - used to create an interactive session for editing the contents of a file.

find - used to locate files and issue a command to the file(s) found.

locate - used to locate files and directories.

ps - used to display system processes.

uname - used to display system information.

passwd - used to change or disable passwords for root and other users.

chmod - used to change the permissions of a file or directory.

su - used to switch between user accounts.

ifconfig - used to display and configure network interfaces.

ping - used to check the status of a local network, remote hosts, etc. Can also be used for other things, like obtaining the IP address of a host.

wget - used to download software.

There are so many commands and variations (because of options) that it would be impossible for me to cover all of them in a single tutorial. I could create a single tutorial that would cover common commands or I could make a more comprehensive tutorial series instead. For example, network commands, file system navigation and management commands, system commands, etc. What would you prefer?

Very nice work all around!

Wow very nice! I hope you continue this high-quality series :)

Thanks. I've written dozens of tutorials; and now I'm in the process of creating their video counterparts. My goal is simply to create easy-to-follow video tutorials that are brief, comprehendible, and reliable. Ultimately, I want my tutorials to be so simple that my grandmother could follow along.

Again, thanks for watching.

-Chris

Keep up the good work Chris, your vids are very high quality, and easy to understand. I watched one then subscribed, now watching alot more. Also recommended your vids to a few friends.

Chris, I started watching your vids before I met Hak5. Please keep up the great work, many people, including myself don't miss them.

Best wishes from Aust.

Keep up the good work Chris, your vids are very high quality, and easy to understand. I watched one then subscribed, now watching alot more. Also recommended your vids to a few friends.

Chris, I started watching your vids before I met Hak5. Please keep up the great work, many people, including myself don't miss them.

Best wishes from Aust.

Thank you. Always good to hear positive feedback. Coming next... a tutorial on how to manage your Pineapple remotely via SSH and the web interface. It'll include setting up a relay server but it's through a paid service- you can pay $5 flat for the month or $0.007 hourly. So it costs approximately 17-cents per day if you leave your server running 24-hours a day. It's very affordable. I decided to use the paid service for the tutorial because the free servers are far more difficult to configure, and would make the tutorial much more complex. I've never created a tutorial that requires my viewers to sign up for a paid service so I'm curious to see the reactions I get. At the very least, my viewers will gain an understanding of relay servers and why they're necessary for remote management.

Also, I have some new Kali Linux and Android tutorials coming soon as well.

Thank you. Always good to hear positive feedback. Coming next... a tutorial on how to manage your Pineapple remotely via SSH and the web interface. It'll include setting up a relay server but it's through a paid service- you can pay $5 flat for the month or $0.007 hourly. So it costs approximately 17-cents per day if you leave your server running 24-hours a day. It's very affordable. I decided to use the paid service for the tutorial because the free servers are far more difficult to configure, and would make the tutorial much more complex. I've never created a tutorial that requires my viewers to sign up for a paid service so I'm curious to see the reactions I get. At the very least, my viewers will gain an understanding of relay servers and why they're necessary for remote management.

Also, I have some new Kali Linux and Android tutorials coming soon as well.

Just one less coffee per month...a value.