Auto connect to WiFi at Starbucks - Requires login page.

BAHansen.us

Good Day All,

I've done some searching on the forums and the internet and I can't seem to find a way to configure the Pineapple to auto-connect at Starbucks and pass-through the "Agree to terms" page. Since the Mark V has two WiFi chips there is not really a need to connect to my laptop. I can simply connect to the public WiFi and turn on my AP. However, several pubic WiFi networks require a click-through a agreement page.

I'm sure this can be done with a script - Has anyone create such a script yet?

Thank you for any help.

In the release live stream Darren and Seb mentioned this, they said that if you connect your pineapple to an ap with a captive portal, from any client on the pineapple network go to the internet and aggree to the starbucks terms of service and then your pineapple will be tethered and all your clients on your pineapple wont have to aggree to it.

Edited by BOOB00

In the release live stream Darren and Seb mentioned this, they said that if you connect your pineapple to an ap with a captive portal, from any client on the pineapple network go to the internet and aggree to the starbucks terms of service and then your pineapple will be tethered and all your clients on your pineapple wont have to aggree to it.

Ahh, That makes sense. I missed that on the broadcast.

Thank You!

Yes - that's theoretically how things should work. You become the gateway for any device connected to your pineapple, and therefore any requests coming from a connected client appear to be originating from your pineapple. Thus, once you have your pineapple click through the first time, you're good to go from then on.

• 1 month later...