New to pineapple, need help configuring

Hello all,

Just got my Mark IV, and probably I'm doing something wrong, but whatever it is I can't get this thing to work.

I'm working on Windows 8, via webinterface. I tried to follow the instructiosn of the booklet, but for starters I don't have the "Status" window at all.
If Im looking into the "Karma" section, and checking the "Karma Log" I only see few SSIDs in the area, but I know for the fact that I have a dozen around me.

Can't get into my own WiFi...

I've reviewd all available documentation, and related links, but something is defiantly missing.

Please point me to the right dirrection.

Thanks!

post-45457-0-32739600-1382642095_thumb.j

Hello all,

Just got my Mark IV, and probably I'm doing something wrong, but whatever it is I can't get this thing to work.

I'm working on Windows 8, via webinterface. I tried to follow the instructiosn of the booklet, but for starters I don't have the "Status" window at all.

If Im looking into the "Karma" section, and checking the "Karma Log" I only see few SSIDs in the area, but I know for the fact that I have a dozen around me.

Can't get into my own WiFi...

I've reviewd all available documentation, and related links, but something is defiantly missing.

Please point me to the right dirrection.

Thanks!

With the karma log, it shows the ssid's that peoples devices are probing for around you if you have karma running. If you want to see what networks are around you, download the Site Survey infusion in the Pineapple Bar, that will show what networks are around your pineapple. Best of luck-boob00

Edited by BOOB00

Thanks guys, but still I'm noobing somewhere big time.

I see the following in the logs:

KARMA: Probe Request from d8:96:95:89:f2:a3 for SSID 'BELL_WIFI'
KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through ...............................
KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through ...............................
KARMA: Probe Request from 10:93:e9:5e:d4:d5 for SSID 'houseofeight'
KARMA: Probe Request from 00:15:70:8e:62:aa for SSID '............................... '
KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through 101
KARMA: Probe Request from d8:96:95:89:f2:a3 for SSID '5099251212'

but I don't get how do I get the SSIDs and associated passphrases for the networks in the list or at all...

Thanks,

You are not going to see the pass phrases of the networks that the clients believe that they are connected to, I saw a post on here yesterday on that

So what exactly I can get out of it, as far as I understood, pineapple would capture all broadcasted SSDs in the area, will pretend to be the, and by doing so it will collect the data that passed through and so on... what am I missing?

The pineapple doesn't just allow you to jump on to any network without knowing the passphrase. Depending on the network encryption, there could be a few things you could try to gain entry...

The main thing the pineapple does is reply "yes" to UNPROTECTED SSID probes: So if a device has connected to an unprotected "Free Hotel Wifi" in the past, then the pineapple will respond and allow that device to connect to it as if it was the "Free Hotel Wifi" (even though it isn't).

The point here - Karma is responding to SSID "probes", not picking up the actual SSID's of AP's in the area. As BOOB00 mentioned, if you'd like to see all the AP's broadcasting nearby, check out the Site Survey infusion.

The pineapple doesn't just allow you to jump on to any network without knowing the passphrase. Depending on the network encryption, there could be a few things you could try to gain entry...

The main thing the pineapple does is reply "yes" to UNPROTECTED SSID probes: So if a device has connected to an unprotected "Free Hotel Wifi" in the past, then the pineapple will respond and allow that device to connect to it as if it was the "Free Hotel Wifi" (even though it isn't).

The point here - Karma is responding to SSID "probes", not picking up the actual SSID's of AP's in the area. As BOOB00 mentioned, if you'd like to see all the AP's broadcasting nearby, check out the Site Survey infusion.

Thank you,

But how do I jump on a network? I have few connections in my house, firewalls and access points, few ISP modems as well, how do I bypass security of any of my SSIDs?

Thanks,