Access Pineapple Remotely When Tethered To 4G

chriswhat

My Pineapple Mk V is tethered to my rooted Galaxy S3's WiFi hotspot. I'd like to access the Pineapple's web UI from outside of the LAN (I'll settle for SSH). I've tried port forwarder and some server setups but have not been successful. Port scan shows the ports are closed. Has anyone been successful in opening up ports on their Android and connecting to their tethered Pineapple?

I dont know about the states but in canada most service providers provide ip's nat'ed in their system. if this is the case your best bet is a reverse shell from the pineapple. you could set it up to connect to an outside device ever 30 minutes and when it boots?

I have a vm always running for this reason just waiting for connections in tmux sessiosns that i remote into when i need to

Edit:

or you could setup a vpn and configure you phone or the pineapple to connect to it then you could use the web interface or ssh at the expense of phone battery life.

just a few ideas

Edited by jjd

Darren,

Alright, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my VPS. I'll just send my carrier the bill.

For others who have a relay server already configured for SSH tunneling...

You can simply change the AutoSSH Listen Port on your Pineapple to 1471. This will let you tunnel through your server to the Pineapple's web UI.

Or you can use a pagekite server. https://pagekite.net/

Darren,

I was originally using PageKite but my kite didn't fly very well.

Another question-

Can I establish two simultaneous connections to my relay server with AutoSSH, one for SSH and one for the web UI?

For example, if I added the following to /etc/config/autossh:

option ssh '-i /etc/dropbear/id_rsa -N -T -R 4255:localhost:22 root@<myserver>'

option ssh '-i /etc/dropbear/id_rsa -N -T -R 5366:localhost:1471 root@<myserver>'

-Thanks

Darren,

Another question-

Can I establish two simultaneous connections to my relay server with AutoSSH, one for SSH and one for the web UI?

option ssh '-i /etc/dropbear/id_rsa -N -T -R 5366:localhost:1471 root@<myserver>'

-Thanks

Nevermind, I just tried what I asked and it works. I was able to connect to the web UI and the SSH server simulataneously. Figured I'd leave this for others to see.

I remember when these episodes aired. I was so young back then. Interestingly enough i just finished watching 1109 and 1112.

You can do this on the fly from the client side as well with a local port forward.

When ssh'ing in append "-L 1471:localhost:1471" to the end of your ssh command.

ssh root@host -L 1471:localhost:1471

Then point your browser to localhost:1471

I do this through a relay server. Gives me a shell and the web UI.

Edited by -=Dante=-

• 2 months later...

Darren,

Another question-

-Thanks

Nevermind, I just tried what I asked and it works. I was able to connect to the web UI and the SSH server simulataneously. Figured I'd leave this for others to see.

Hi chriswhat,

i am not able to get this working using my details on the autossh config file, any ideas? it works only if i have one option set, either ssh or web ui.