Pineapple Mark V - Windows 8 problems

Cal86

Hey Guys

Just received my pineapple mark v and am having a few issues reaching the 17.16.42.1:1471 page in my browser. I am currently running Windows 8 and I am having issues when turning on sharing. When I right click on my Wifi adapter setting and head to properties, I click on properties > sharing and click "allow other network users to connect etc" It provides a drop down menu with only my virtual box, vmware and ethernet networks to connect to. I've tried clicking on ethernet and nothing. The problem is, I have my pineapple connected via ethernet to my computer however my computer won't recognize it either.. Any help setting this up would be great.

Thanks

post-45430-0-08237100-1382509575_thumb.j

post-45430-0-19647900-1382509627_thumb.j

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your help, I seem to get stuck at the point of choosing what network to share (as seen in the image above). I don't have the option to select my LAN adapter.. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Appreciate the help man.

Sorry yes I meant 172, I decided to try a different Ethernet cable than the one provided and it worked. Seemed the one they had with the pineapple was faulty. Thanks for the help guys!

Edited by Cal86