wich infusions work well at the moment

levisiccard

so i got my pineapple today and i was totally exciting but..

sslstrip doesn't install well

couldn't get karma to work well. First it did, then I couldn't enable it anymore.

dns spoofing..could be me but no luck..

can't get wlan1 connected to any AP I have here..

If it wasn't for bad luck....hups, no luck at all.

the only thing i got working till now was evil portal and urlsnarf... jeej <_<

so I SSH'ed a bit into the pineapple, after that i did a factory restore and now I'm wondering...

Wich infusions do work well? Any tips?

Are there updates coming up for the known issues?

friendly regards

Got my first exam networking today also :D

If all you were looking to do was use the infusions and then wait for more infusions to be developed then you are gonna have a bad time. You should use the opkg manager and install some command line tools and go to town on some of the tools available through that. There are literally over a thousand pkgs and hundreds of tools to download onto the pineapple. ssh into the thing and start using the cmd line.

let me get you started

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+can+you+do+with+a+wifi+pineapple

If all you were looking to do was use the infusions and then wait for more infusions to be developed then you are gonna have a bad time. You should use the opkg manager and install some command line tools and go to town on some of the tools available through that. There are literally over a thousand pkgs and hundreds of tools to download onto the pineapple. ssh into the thing and start using the cmd line.

let me get you started

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+can+you+do+with+a+wifi+pineapple

thanks for the info, Didn't know how the opkg worked... stupid of me. got some working with putty now.

Any chance of installing the command line tools on the SD card or do they need to be installed on the intern memory..

Seems like there are lots of backtrack tools so it's very cool they all fit into the tiny machine :-)

I believe this is going to keep me busy for a while :-)

COOL! and thanks

I've got to echo the original poster's sentiments. There are some assumptions I made when I bought the Mark V, that seem to have been wrong:

- A new product is better than the older product

- Infusions listed as available for the specific version I have, should work for that version

- Buying a pineapple would involve less time on configuration than building one from scratch using an rPI or similar board. (This may still be true, but it's not as big a gap as I was expecting).

- With dual radios, I can make a client connection to another AP. (Seems this may be possible with workarounds, which are documented in the forum somewhere).

Sslstrip was a compelling reason to buy the pineapple, 'cause I wanted to use it in a demo for some students. If it's not working, then I would have liked to see a nice big warning sign on the online shop stating that. Similarly, if client connections don't work, that should be stated on the online shop.

The primary value-add of the pineapple is its ease of use. Once it's start becoming less easy to use, then there's less of an incentive to buy it as opposed to an rPI + usb wifi and simply install the tools from scratch. Install-and-configure-everthing-on-the-commandline-without-any-documentation, was the step I was hoping to avoid with the pineapple.

Edited by bobbytables

I've got to echo the original poster's sentiments. There are some assumptions I made when I bought the Mark V, that seem to have been wrong:

- A new product is better than the older product

- Infusions listed as available for the specific version I have, should work for that version

- Buying a pineapple would involve less time on configuration than building one from scratch using an rPI or similar board. (This may still be true, but it's not as big a gap as I was expecting).

- With dual radios, I can make a client connection to another AP. (Seems this may be possible with workarounds, which are documented in the forum somewhere).

Sslstrip was a compelling reason to buy the pineapple, 'cause I wanted to use it in a demo for some students. If it's not working, then I would have liked to see a nice big warning sign on the online shop stating that. Similarly, if client connections don't work, that should be stated on the online shop.

The primary value-add of the pineapple is its ease of use. Once it's start becoming less easy to use, then there's less of an incentive to buy it as opposed to an rPI + usb wifi and simply install the tools from scratch. Install-and-configure-everthing-on-the-commandline-without-any-documentation, was the step I was hoping to avoid with the pineapple.

Let me try answering your points:

• The new pineapple is much more advanced than the old one. Double ram, double rom, two radios, SD card, DIP switches. I don't think we disappointed in that area..
  • Infusions are user created, user supported. The developers are working on porting everything over and getting everything running smoothly again.
  • Are you saying it was hard to set up the WiFi Pineapple MK5? Or rather comparing it to a pi? I'd like to ask what takes so long to configure. Maybe we can improve that.
  • Client mode works. There IS a bug, a fix will be available soon. It only affects some access points. An easy fix is available on the forums.
  • If sslstrip was your compelling reason - well, it is working just fine. The infusion hasn't been updated, but the program runs just fine. We do not advertise sslstrip in any huge way as far as I know. We say it works and it does.

It is a new product and of course there are some things that need to be improved.