Ducky LED Solid Red

AlexxxR

I got my USB Rubber Ducky today, and all was working, well, not that great. For whatever reason, the GUI command didn't work and the payloads were not going as planned.

Now to top it all off, the duck no longer works.

I have formatted the included card and a 2GB card many times over, tried a different PC etc to no avail.

Why is the light red now?

Also, the light turns green for a split second when plugged in before going red.

Any ideas?

I got my USB Rubber Ducky today, and all was working, well, not that great. For whatever reason, the GUI command didn't work and the payloads were not going as planned.

Now to top it all off, the duck no longer works.

I have formatted the included card and a 2GB card many times over, tried a different PC etc to no avail.

Why is the light red now?

Also, the light turns green for a split second when plugged in before going red.

Any ideas?

Is your sd card firmly seated on the board? When i first got my ducky i didnt push the sd card all the way down after i felt resistance when pushing and it was red, but after forcefully and carefully pushing it all the way down it worked.

Is your sd card firmly seated on the board? When i first got my ducky i didnt push the sd card all the way down after i felt resistance when pushing and it was red, but after forcefully and carefully pushing it all the way down it worked.

Yeah its firmly in there.

It worked before but now its dead.

Noob question here, but I formated the SD card but didn't back up the files on it that it came with, does the duck need those on the SD or just the inject.bin?

Yeah its firmly in there.

It worked before but now its dead.

Noob question here, but I formated the SD card but didn't back up the files on it that it came with, does the duck need those on the SD or just the inject.bin?

The inject.bin should be all that you need. Because that is your payload. Is the inject.bin on the root of the SD card?

Red light means one of two things:

1. Cant see sdcard
  2. Cant find inject.bin

The sdcard has to be FAT32/VFAT formatted.

Does the sdcard work in a comuter using an sdcard usb adapter, sometimes these cards just die? if it doesn't a suggest going to a supermarket, camera shop, internet and picking up a cheap replacement micro sd-card.

With my first ducky the SD card was DOA so i got a replacement, if your saying that your SD card use to work i would suggest testing it on your computer as midnitesnake suggested above and make sure it is formatted properly. Also sometimes the SD to usb adapters that come with the ducky delux are bad too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm running into an issue with a solid red light. I'm formatted FAT32 I have the inject.bin on my root and the SD card will read just fine in the USB adapter. I attempted to reflash the Duck and i believe that it went well. but I'm getting nothing when i plug it in. Please help

• 1 month later...