Brick the Unbrickable...HELP

10base2

This afternoon I had to factory reset pineapple due to being unable to access interface, after reset I was able to perform initial setup through interface but as soon as I tried to conect to home AP the pineapple reset and never came back up. The only indication is green light.

Seb/Darren HEEEEEEELP...

Any more information about what it was you did right before the malfunction would be appreciated. You say you connected wlan1 to your home AP? What's your home AP configuration?

Can you ping the device over Ethernet? Do you see the pineapple5_xxxx SSID being broadcast? Did you remember to flip all the switches back up after you did the factory reset?

Darren - right before malfunction I was trying to get sslstrip going - after 30min of troubleshooting it seemed like sslstrip finally installed then pineapple froze.

After reboot pineapple no longer broadcast SSID, which prompted me to perform re-flash.

After entering AP password and clicking "Connect To This Network" - pineapple resets and no longer broadcasts SSID and blue LED does not light up but I am able to successfully ping pineapple via ethernet

I have now tried connecting to 3 different AP's after each reflash to no avail - up untill today I was able to connect to said AP's with no issues.

after each re-flash I've made sure all switches are back in up position.

Edited by 10base2

Initially installed sslstrip via infusion with no luck, then removed sslstrip along with twisted-web using opkg. Once both were removed, I then reinstalled twisted-web using opkg and sslstrip via infusion.

I still couldn't get the damned thing to work - so via console I installed sslstrip with command "opkg install sslstrip" and low and behold once i started sslstrip infusion, it came up as installed but when I tried to start infusion pineapple froze leading us to where we are now :-(

Edited by 10base2

Hi, any update on how to unbrick a mark V?

I performed a manual firmware upgrade using sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin

I'm sure I used the Mark V firmware, and I checked the md5sum before running that command.

The device eventually went into blue blinking mode, at which point I unplugged, then plugged it in again. It blinked blue again and didn't stop, and I can't ping it's network interface, it just keeps blinking blue.

EDIT:

Then switched pin into "Recovery web interface", and I could access this interface, but I get an upgrade failed message immediately after hitting "flash"

md5 upgrade.bin
MD5 (upgrade.bin) = d9ca989ac9fa2855fbd38dcafee9c195
Edited by bobbytables

Welcome to my world, pineapple MkV hell - I've tried manual firmware download with checksum and dip switch reflash to no avail.

I'm pretty much frustrated with it at this point - I'm just going to put pineapple aside until unbrick instructions are published.

• 2 months later...

Have the same problem. I used the instructions provided on this page https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing now I have a blinking yellow light.

The part that confuses me is this statement:

• "Extract the downloaded ZIP containing the SD card files into the root of your SD card."

What I did was deleted everything in the Pineapples SD card and placed the upgrade-1.0.4.bin in the SD card (without renaming it). Placed the SD card back in the Pineapple and turned on the pineapple wifi. Waited 10 min ...the pineapple is still blinking yellow [bricked].

I can SSH into the pineapple Mark 5 using 'pineapplesareyummy' password but dont know what to do from there. Any ideas?

<edit>

https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing Worked

Edited by glennlopez

I had the same problem. I was doing it with a Windows 8.1 with Firefox 26.0 and Java 7 update 45 and i cold not get it to work. Mind you i tried over 5 times.

So I decide to try it with my Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9 and Firefox 26 with java, I followed the same instructions giving in https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing and it work like a charm.

I don't know what in the world is wrong with my windows box, because I have all the requirements but it wouldn't work!!

If i was you I'd try it on another computer and make sure it has Chrome or Firefox and with java and give it a go.

Welcome to my world, pineapple MkV hell - I've tried manual firmware download with checksum and dip switch reflash to no avail.

I'm pretty much frustrated with it at this point - I'm just going to put pineapple aside until unbrick instructions are published.

Edited by eXsoR65