center + kinda important

Mit0s1s

well I think i win the no-sleep dumbass award. Been screwing with the MK5 for a few days now and love it, but after setting up a travel rig decided to shorten up the power leads to my battery and crossed the wires. actually thought about testing with the voltmeter, a 10 sec job, but ohhhhh it will will be fine. a little pop and no led's. now i test with voltmeter and sure enough center - . Just ordered another MK5, hopefully they are still shipping quick.

Common on the center?? Positive on outer? Really?

Beyond odd (have seen in the past) and should NOT have been done that way. (unless fishing for 'replacement' buys)

It HAS to be in huge bold print in the manual. Seems missing, totally, in the current manual.

Common on the center?? Positive on outer? Really?

Beyond odd (have seen in the past) and should NOT have been done that way. (unless fishing for 'replacement' buys)

It HAS to be in huge bold print in the manual. Seems missing, totally, in the current manual.

He crossed the wires whilst shortening a cable is how i read it, the ones they supply is centrer +

I assure you it is in fact center positive. Try your USB to DC Barrel cable and see. As for replacements, we can't warranty against stupid (no offense) but if you contact shop@hak5.org with your order # we might be able to work out a small dumbass sympathy discount (again no offense).

Edit: Also you get to go down in history as the first to fry a five.

Johnny Five would be proud...

I assure you it is in fact center positive. Try your USB to DC Barrel cable and see. As for replacements, we can't warranty against stupid (no offense) but if you contact shop@hak5.org with your order # we might be able to work out a small dumbass sympathy discount (again no offense).

Wait, I thought I heard the MKV was unbrickable?!?!

Edited by lostngone

I attest that I have been screwing with the MK5 allot, and it does seem to be very robust, I have bricked many other devices in less time. hmmmm maybe i should get on board as a beta tester for future items? letting the smoke out does not count as bricking. Just so you don't worry Darren, she didn't suffer much, just a quick wimper and it was over.

no offense, I earned it on that one. now what do i do with my time untill the new one arrives?