Physical Location of WLANs

thesugarat

Can someone tell me physically which is wlan0 and which is wlan1. I'm looking at the MK5 top down and have an antenna on the left and one on the right with the power/usb/eth facing me. I looked through the documentation but I couldn't find it.

Can someone tell me physically which is wlan0 and which is wlan1. I'm looking at the MK5 top down and have an antenna on the left and one on the right with the power/usb/eth facing me. I looked through the documentation but I couldn't find it.

Is this what you are looking for? The one on the side with the LEDs is the AR9331 and the other side is the 8187. features4_large.png?787

Thanks I was just being lazy... I saw that in the booklet but didn't feel like googling if someone knew. But I went ahead and looked it up... From my perspective the AR9331 is top left and since it has N it must be radio0 or wlan0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just in the interest of documentation, from post #1 at https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30616-wifi-chipset-question/ the AR (closest to the LEDs) is the "AP" by default, and the antenna on the other side is the RTL that is used for "client connections."

AR chipset = WLAN0 = "Right side" of picture above

RTL chipset =WLAN1 = "Left side" of picture above

I hope this might clear up newbie the question I had, as I may want to "boost" one side or the other, and didn't know what side to connect the yagi or panel to.