MKV Web Interface as a community project?

Oli

Can we have the MKV web interface on Github and make it a GPL project? Now that it is out of "secret" mode (and using a custom board) it would be nice to be able to keep track of developments and be able to contribute back to the official code line (or fork it and implement some of my crazy ideas). Additionally, it would be nice to have infusions open sourced, where the author is happy with this.

From my point of view, the MKV opens up some exciting possibilities and I'd like to get more involved with enhancing some of the core functionality rather than just contributing infusions.

Additionally, can we have the process for deploying a web interface on the pineapple documented? Suppose I have a patched/customized web interface that I want to use (or if we make it a Github project and head revs are pulled), how can I deploy the code in such a way as not to break the 'restore' functionality and brick the thing! I know it is 'un-brickable' but I have a habit of breaking things! :)

Are there any gotchas that we should be aware of with customizing the web interface?

Edited by Oli