mk5 and metasploit

bigthinker

with the inclusion of the sd card for expanded memory, can anyone comment on the likelyhood of getting metasploit running on the mk5, and if it would be worth your time. If im not mistaken it's running open wrt, i dont see any pre-made packages but I know it can be done. I might be interested in playing around with this (getting it running). Has anyone played around with this?

http://jollyblog.squarespace.com/updates/2006/5/19/metasploit-openwrt.html

http://hackaday.com/2006/05/19/metasploit-running-on-a-wrt/

I've looked into both of the OP's links before and while an awesome flexing of computing abilities I have to agree with barry here.

The WiFi Pineapple is the perfect inexpensive pentest pivot box - meaning you'll be able to use it *with* metasploit. Remember there are plenty of meterpreter options now that we have the storage for python, etc.

Plus, I wouldn't fancy running metasploit from a browser on a mobile device anyway. Dunno about anyone else, but I'd only ever want to use Metasploit from the console - so I'd have a laptop anyway.

Not to say that popping meterpreter shells by serving up browser exploits USING a pineapple wouldn't be extraordinary fun!

@darren

could you see doing some tutorials on metasploit with the mk5 in the future or is that past the scope or depth of the show for the audience? I'm pretty good with metasploit but its so indepth/complex/big there is something always new to learn and seeing how mk5 and metasploit can play together would be nice.

@darren

could you see doing some tutorials on metasploit with the mk5 in the future or is that past the scope or depth of the show for the audience? I'm pretty good with metasploit but its so indepth/complex/big there is something always new to learn and seeing how mk5 and metasploit can play together would be nice.

+1!

@darren

+1

@darren

+1