REAVER ON THE MARK V

jermain69

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO reaver is crap against modern wps.

I had WAY more success with 'bully'.

Can it be installed on Mk5? Or missing dependencies be a problem again?

this program? http://code.google.com/p/bully/

Never heard about it, but changing the program doesn't change the fact that most modern Access points only allow 10 or less pin attempts. After that it locks out completely and needs a manual restart.

I have used Reaver almost ever since it got out, it's always worked very well for me if the signal is good enough. Some routers however don't always work well.

Looks like bully is a better candidate for the mark V than Reaver is. Uses less CPU, memory and needs less dependencies.

from code.google:

"Bully is a new implementation of the WPS brute force attack, written in C. It is conceptually identical to other programs, in that it exploits the (now well known) design flaw in the WPS specification. It has several advantages over the original reaver code. These include fewer dependencies, improved memory and cpu performance, correct handling of endianness, and a more robust set of options. It runs on Linux, and was specifically developed to run on embedded Linux systems (OpenWrt, etc) regardless of architecture."

Will look into this! Thanks for the heads up! :D

Edited by spazi

IMHO reaver is crap against modern wps.

I had WAY more success with 'bully'.

Can it be installed on Mk5? Or missing dependencies be a problem again?

Thanks for the info. Bully is pretty smooth. Gotta go over all my other builds and add it. Again, thank you for sharing.

I had this pesky access point (tp-link) that completely blocked any reaver attempts on it.

But bully pwned it within 2h30m. After a year no less of failing with reaver.

Oh, and you're all welcome! My pleasure to contribute.

Edited by crepsidro

• 2 weeks later...

I tried compiling bully this weekend but got nowhere. The make file with it works under the Kamikaze release of OpenWRT but I couldn't get the VM of it to play nice with the virtual network. I was hoping the .ipk file created there would also work on our version of OpenWRT. Anyone know how to update the Makefile?

Update: Testing of bully on my Mk 5 began yesterday thanks to Garland.

Sebkinne: if you want the .ipk for the repository I can send you the link.

WhistleMaster: if you are the one updating the Reaver Infusion how about a hybrid Reaver/bully infusion like the Jammer? The commands are very similar and I use wash to find WPS enabled APs.

Update: Testing of bully on my Mk 5 began yesterday thanks to Garland.

Sebkinne: if you want the .ipk for the repository I can send you the link.

WhistleMaster: if you are the one updating the Reaver Infusion how about a hybrid Reaver/bully infusion like the Jammer? The commands are very similar and I use wash to find WPS enabled APs.

We won't ship binaries not compiled by us - but don't worry, I have a build already.

All coming soon!

• 1 month later...

I tried compiling bully this weekend but got nowhere. The make file with it works under the Kamikaze release of OpenWRT but I couldn't get the VM of it to play nice with the virtual network. I was hoping the .ipk file created there would also work on our version of OpenWRT. Anyone know how to update the Makefile?

On that note.. now with Bully installed. Installed BullyWPS script (Ver 2.1 but in spanish)

BullyWPS Automation Script + mode

http://xiaopan.co/forums/downloads/bullywps-automation-script-mode-bruteforce-checksum-8c-0c-a3.241/