New Wifi Pineapple (Mark V)?

mw3demo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but that slot could be a sim slot ....? not an sd slot. It could be a possiability to do away with the external dongles.

Edited by mreidiv

It could be, but I would hope not. A sim card slot would mean a person had to purchase and register a sim card from a mobile carrier (ie AT&T or Verizon). There would no longer be the anonymity of purchasing one at a brick and mortar store with cash and topping it off whenever you need it.

An SD card would get rid of a USB drive and free up the space for a USB modem or another NIC.

It could be, but I would hope not. A sim card slot would mean a person had to purchase and register a sim card from a mobile carrier (ie AT&T or Verizon). There would no longer be the anonymity of purchasing one at a brick and mortar store with cash and topping it off whenever you need it.

An SD card would get rid of a USB drive and free up the space for a USB modem or another NIC

But, you coud purchase a pay as you go phone with a sim card with cash. and some places sell you a sim card and dont check id. But i see your point.

But, you coud purchase a pay as you go phone with a sim card with cash. and some places sell you a sim card and dont check id. But i see your point.

Don't forget we live in a camera state! A CCTV image of you buying said phone will be stored on a secret server for upto 3 months+, if you do buy a 'burner phone' - wait 4-6 months before you use it :ph34r:

Anyone know if the event will be recorded and uploaded to youtube?

Just in case I miss the live stream of the event :)

The livestream we do will be streamed to YouTube and will be recorded there automatically.

The actual event however most likely not. Don't worry though, the important things are discussed on the stream.

The livestream we do will be streamed to YouTube and will be recorded there automatically.

The actual event however most likely not. Don't worry though, the important things are discussed on the stream.

Ok, thanks buddy :)

I'm thinking a slot for an SD card. Also - dip switches and what would appear to be pins of some sort on the back?

There is a micro sd slot on there you an see it in the pictures. That is to big to be a micro sd slot and in a very strange place for one as well. The pins on the back I am assuming are UART which means to more disassembling to re-flash it :D

There is a micro sd slot on there you an see it in the pictures. That is to big to be a micro sd slot and in a very strange place for one as well. The pins on the back I am assuming are UART which means to more disassembling to re-flash it :D

Well, not if the microsd card requires a full sized adapter, like the rasp-pi.

iirc, they gave steep discounts to the people who ordered the mk3 at full price within a certain period of time before the mk4 release. Maybe they will do something like that again.

FYI: They didn't offer discounts, but they did give us first crack at purchasing the new MKIV.

That said, it'd be AWESOME (Darren, looking in your direction sir!) if they allowed us to pre-order these new MKV's!

DO WANT TWO EM KAY FIVES...NNNAAAAOOOO!! ;)

I suuuuuure hope they have bunch in stock!

FYI: They didn't offer discounts, but they did give us first crack at purchasing the new MKIV.

That said, it'd be AWESOME (Darren, looking in your direction sir!) if they allowed us to pre-order these new MKV's!

DO WANT TWO EM KAY FIVES...NNNAAAAOOOO!! ;)

I suuuuuure hope they have bunch in stock!

Ah. That's right. It's been a while and I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. Lol.

I agree! It would be awesome if they did that again!!

I'm gonna guess a custom board too. I thought Yun as well, but the differences seem too many:

- LEDs are on the opposite side of the ethernet port on the Yun, not next to to the ethernet port like on the pineapple

- Yun has only 1 embedded radio/antenna, assuming the second antenna is for a second radio, of course

- Yun has no DC barrel jack on it

- SD slot on the Yun is at the underside of the board opposite the ethernet port, not on a side adjacent to the ethernet port (again, assuming that the slot that we see is in fact for an SD card)