New Wifi Pineapple (Mark V)?

mw3demo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With only 1 USB port, I would have to use a USB Hub to use an aircard/Android & my USB stick (for log cap) or to use my 2nd WIFi nic and a usb stick.

Seems more often then not I would use a 2nd usb port.

NOW if it had a spot to put a micro SD card in. That changes things completely.

With only 1 USB port, I would have to use a USB Hub to use an aircard/Android & my USB stick (for log cap) or to use my 2nd WIFi nic and a usb stick.

Seems more often then not I would use a 2nd usb port.

NOW if it had a spot to put a micro SD card in. That changes things completely.

If it's the Arduino Yun (which based on the layout from the images it very well could be), it does have an SD slot.

If it's the Arduino Yun (which based on the layout from the images it very well could be), it does have an SD slot.

Could very well be, thank you for pointing it out :)

here are the specs for the Arduino Yun: link

Runs a distro called Linino (based on OpenWRT)

Features a Atheros AR9331 which should be supported by Reaver :)

I don't know much about Arduino, but this should be a fully customizable Arduino unit, with dedicated GPIO :D

Really hoping this is true! Could mean a lot of interesting stuff developing.

Wondering what the power consumption is on this baby, hope it's even better than the Mark IV.

Edited by spazi

@computerchris: Now I see it Thanks.

I have some doubts about the Arduino Yun being the Mark V. The pictures do seem to have the same USB orientation as the Yun BUT the spacing is completely off. Not only does the Yun have a micro usb between the USB A plug and the Ethernet BUT it also is almost the width of an Ethernet jack. The pictures show a much smaller space between the two. Also if using the YUN, the GPIO would need to be rerouted from the YUN. Why do that when you could just put it on the face of the enclosure?

One other concern the pictures don't show how this thing is powered.

@computerchris: Now I see it Thanks.

I have some doubts about the Arduino Yun being the Mark V. The pictures do seem to have the same USB orientation as the Yun BUT the spacing is completely off. Not only does the Yun have a micro usb between the USB A plug and the Ethernet BUT it also is almost the width of an Ethernet jack. The pictures show a much smaller space between the two. Also if using the YUN, the GPIO would need to be rerouted from the YUN. Why do that when you could just put it on the face of the enclosure?

One other concern the pictures don't show how this thing is powered.

The spacing was actually one of the first things being off from a Yun I did notice too. And the Yun is powered by 5v microusb, which according to the website, is between the USB and ethernet ports. Plus the LED's of the YUN are not near the ethernet port like in the pics. Guess we'll all just have to wait and stop speculating.

i agree i do not think it is the yun. I was just stating that the hardware would be nice to use. The video shows that the mk5 has two antennas and the lights are in the wrong place.

Edited by mreidiv

Wondering if the second antenna is just for extra reception, or for a second radio. 2 radios in one case, without the need for an external Alfa? That would be sweet.

And the video seems to show custom packaging... does that infer a custom board this time?

Edited by rottingsun