A Good Keyboard

metatron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a KVM, I’m going to use one with my Mac Pro and one with my main Windows box, and the other ten will be used with my thin clients that are doted around my house.

Uh, sure. what exactly do ten thin clients provide you with that you need?

What u using to run thin clients Meta?

Debian/LTSP (The thin clients are also running Debian)

Uh, sure. what exactly do ten thin clients provide you with that you need?

I keep my servers/desktops in my office and have thin clients in every room except my office and bathrooms. There used for basically the same thing you would use a standard PC for, the big difference being your not going to have any luck if you what to play games and they have a much smaller foot print then a PC so they take up a lot less room, plus they have no moving parts so no noise.

Returning this thread to keyboards, I'm in the market for a good, reliable wireless keyboard and mouse combo for my bedroom (where wires would be unrealistic). Price isn't really a problem, but the less I spend, the better (as it generally is).

As far as KVMs and whatnot, have you guys ever heard of Synergy? http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

I'm setting this up both in my office and home, it's quicker than a KVM switch, and it's much better graphics-wise than other alternatives, like VNC. (Plus it doesn't require special hardware, like a KVM switch does.) I have no idea what the maximum number of computers you can have on it, but you can configure which side of the screen you want it to use, so it's ideal for vertical + horizontal setups (like the ones they advertise on those rediculously huge "media desks" or whatever they are.) However, for FVWM-Crystal and E16/E17 users, that could be an anoyance, since you couldn't switch virtual desktops without it switching physical desktops.

Off to catch some ZzZ's.

/whispers "synergy was featured on episode 2x01(?) and Darren uses it all the time at work. :wink:

That said, welcome to the forums, and keeping bringing good things to the attention of us. Even if we have heard of it, its likely to start a good conversation!

Some of us do actually like that soviet design asthetic... ie it works, and will probally still be working long after we're departed. I admit that the logitech gaming keyboards look kinda snazzy, but could you beat a n00b down with one and still be able to code with it?

Guest Permaculture Rules!
Since we havn't herd from Panarchy since his ban, metatron must have killed him, serves him right for calling metatron a retard ;)

Is that the only reason he got banned?