New version of Pandora?

zack832

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got tired of waiting:

http://www.wirschell.nl/pandora/pandora.beta.7.4.0.zip

Please try this and let me know if it works.

This is *ENTIRELY* untested, so feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

I'm *ONLY* interested in hearing if the pandora song data is provided properly to the page. Not if the MP3 saving is happening succesfully or not.

Got tired of waiting:

http://www.wirschell.nl/pandora/pandora.beta.7.4.0.zip

Please try this and let me know if it works.

This is *ENTIRELY* untested, so feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

I'm *ONLY* interested in hearing if the pandora song data is provided properly to the page. Not if the MP3 saving is happening succesfully or not.

Well I am very very happy that this is now working again! :D

I know that COOPER doesn't want to hear about the ripping feature... but maybe someone else does! *g*

Befor the changes on pandora.com, for me PJ worked perfectly and for many others it didn't... Now it seems that it works for many others but for me it doesn't! No files are being saved and the window throws the good old message "unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser"

strange, strange, strange...

edit:

did I maybe use the wrong files of the archive?! Everything is twice in there, once in the root and again in a folder named "pandora-7.4.0"...

hmmm hmmm hmmm...

updated the html, the js and the jar... tried the different .jar files in the archive but it doesn't rip... still that message... quite strange!

ok, dunno why, but now it saves the songs (is there still this problem with the first song not being grabbed?)

Does it tag the album title for you?

I ignored the contents of the root folder and used the contents of the pandora-7.4.0 folder

2 future issues to be addressed to make me even happier. (I know Cooper hasn't looked at anything other than getting artist/track info yet) :)

1) update the version number ;)

2) Get the timestamp for scrobbling to last.fm right.

For me it's making out that I listened to the track at some point in the future.

did I maybe use the wrong files of the archive?! Everything is twice in there, once in the root and again in a folder named "pandora-7.4.0"...
That's my bad.

I figured it would remake the zip. Instead it appended to it. :?

I'm now re-upping the zipfile without that extra stuff. (If you're getting a 404 on the above-mentioned link, now you know why)

The whole backend side of things is currently getting the steelbrush treatment from me. I'll post updates of the stuff as I get it.

It does not look like fireEvent works in Firefox for linux. It does work fine in Opera, but naturally Opera is not supported by Pandora jar. Anyone know where Opera stores the tmp files?

If not I may track it down and see if I can hack pandoraJar to support it. I dont know enough about javascript to find a suitable replacement for fireEvent.

Nice work cooper!

Hiwatt99, strange, not a big deal by any means, but when it creates the calendar based filename, it's naming them by the month of September (09), instead of October (10). I looked at your code in the post, and it looks right, so perhaps it's slightly different in the actual jar? Could it simply need an (add 1)>>?

That's an odd artifact of the Java Calendar class -- it returns 0-based months, i.e., 0...11. The point of using the date was just to ensure unique filenames, not to be an accurate timestamp. ;-) Just add one to the returned value if you want the correct date/time.

Now if I can just get Cooper's code to work it will all be moot...

--h

Phew, atleast Im not losing my mind. It turns out there is an issue with linux and the flash localconnect feature. I was reading the pandorafm forum and they cant fix it either.

I ran it through venkman and the song names dont come across in linux. *sigh*.

It does work in opera but I cant find anywhere that its saving the files.

Phew, atleast Im not losing my mind. It turns out there is an issue with linux and the flash localconnect feature. I was reading the pandorafm forum and they cant fix it either.

Can you elaborate? Is this a bug in Flash, Moz/FF on Linux or just the Pandora applet itself?

It does work in opera but I cant find anywhere that its saving the files.
If you do find such a location, please let me know.

Can you elaborate? Is this a bug in Flash, Moz/FF on Linux or just the Pandora applet itself?

I wish I could elaborate more but I havent been able to find much info. I found this post:

http://www.last.fm/user/Gabek/journal/2006/04/11/113455/

I found a few others but they just say the same thing. Its weird since it doesnt work on FF/Linux but it does work in Opera/Linux (all using Flash 7). That makes me think its an issue with the Flash/FF/Linux combo.

Honestly I haven't had time to research it much. I tried a few things with Greasemonkey but its simply not calling fireEvent nor songPlayed.

Guest t3chn0b0y
It does not look like fireEvent works in Firefox for linux. It does work fine in Opera, but naturally Opera is not supported by Pandora jar. Anyone know where Opera stores the tmp files?

!

that is not at all accurate.. i can run pandora in opera, at least i use

to.. all the songs where going to tmp files in the opera's cache..

i would just move them over and rename them by hand , until

pandora changed the location of the cache... :(