Changing Default TTL in backtrack linux

fox123

How will Time To Live settings change any way to hide your ID/IP ? What is it you're really trying to do? TOR can be monitored, so use proxy chains, VPN, SSH Tunnels or free wifi with macchanger. Just about anything can be traced back if someone really wanted to, so unless you've got a reason to be hiding your IP, probably not going to get a whole lot of help with what you want to do as the end result since it sounds more like you have ill intent and want to cover your tracks.

How will Time To Live settings change any way to hide your ID/IP ? What is it you're really trying to do? TOR can be monitored, so use proxy chains, VPN, SSH Tunnels or free wifi with macchanger. Just about anything can be traced back if someone really wanted to, so unless you've got a reason to be hiding your IP, probably not going to get a whole lot of help with what you want to do as the end result since it sounds more like you have ill intent and want to cover your tracks.

guys, I've been keeping a lookout for one web site. What I'm looking for : TTL value is important or no? to hide my privacy. finally i want collect to the anonymous method.
" Something that was brought to my attention by proxx is that a network admin could potentially discover that you are being dishonest about your user agent via the TTL values of the packets. TTL stands for 'Time to Live' and is responsible for limiting the number of hops of a packet. This prevents the packets from floating around for eternity to explain it in a mundane way. So, an example would be that you are using a Windows user agent and spoofed it to be a Linux user agent. It would be possible for the net admin to analyze the TTL value and determine that it was changed and when.
A link provided by proxx might help to explain some of this: http://www.binbert.com/blog/2009/12/default-time-to-live-ttl-values/
It would be a safe bet to keep your windows user agents windows, and your linux user agents linux. You can easily spoof the TTL values in linux, perhaps using iptables."