You are permanently banned from SomeIrcChannel IRC Network (Tor exit server detected.)

webspyder

First and formost i do not claim to be an expert in irc chat or configuring the tor browser.
This is only a reference as how i went about fixing my problem with being banned from the irc channels that i use.

*** You are permanently banned from SomeIrcChannel IRC Network (Tor exit server detected. See www.sectoor.de/tor.php?ip=12.34.56.78)
* Closing Link: webspyder[12-34-56-78.your.isp.com] (User has been permanently banned from SomeIrcChannel IRC Network (Tor exit server detected. See www.sectoor.de/tor.php?ip=12.34.56.78))
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).

So you got auto banned from all your favorite irc channels for running a tor exit relay.
and you don't know how or what the hell happened. Well i'm here to tell you how to fix the problem.
This will not get you unbanned but it will resolve the problem of being banned on other irc channels.

[step 1]
Go to your computer [or computers in my case] and start the tor browser.
now open the tor control panel if it's not already open.
click on settings and then click on the sharing tab and uncheck [Relay traffic for the Tor network (exit relay)]
or just click [Run as a client only]
now click ok

[step 2]
Now your going to have to follow the link they gave you when logging on to your irc channels.
http://www.sectoor.de/tor.php?ip=12.34.56.78
This will show you that your ip is blacklisted.
Now look for the DNSBL link in blue this is the link that you need to click to email them.
Now i'm not going to tell you what to put in your email to them but i will say.
Keep it plain and simple [k.i.s.s] keep it simple stupid
It may take anywhere from an hour to 24 hours to get your ip removed from the blacklist
in order to check it to see if you have been removed from the blacklist just follow the link again.

[step 3]
Now comes the hard part. Getting Unbanned.
At this point get ready to get Flamed big time and if your very lucky the Admins at the channel will unban you.
But don't count on it. Unless you know the Admins very well.
First you have to understand that these channels didn't ban you and that you banned yourself.
When you logged on to the irc channels you were auto banned.
And as far as the admins know you maybe some script kiddie,spam bot or whatever.

Since it was your ip address that got banned you maybe able to skip [step 2]. NOT RECOMMENDED

if you have a dynamic ip address then just unplug your router and leave it unplugged for an hour or more.
This is the most common way of resetting your ip address but there are many other ways to accomplish this.
Just google how to reset a dynamic ip address and your problem is solved.

if you have a static ip address this is a little bit more complicated as you can not skip [step 2].
The easiest way is go to a friend or family memebers house and use their internet.
Or you could use a shell account or a vpn service.

****** Final Note ******

Now with that being said i hope that this will help you get your problem resolved as well.
Out of all the irc channels that i use only one did not remove the ban.
And i count myself as lucky it was only one and not one hundered.

In my case i had the tor bundle installed on 8 computers at my house
and the computer i let everyone use was the culprit.

Even tho i didn't run the exit relay i am to blame because after all it is my network.
And i understand that there are people out there using things for a malice purpose.

But as for the webspyder i only believe in ethical hacking and will just look at this as a learning experience.