Logging On To My School Network

Mr_Mischif

I want to bring my computer (HP with XP SP2) to my school and get on the network, but I want to be able to access my NAS on the school network, and they require a username and password to do that. Now I already know them, but I don't know how to connect to the network since when you boot the computer, it asks for the username and password then. So where would I go to add that new connection?

Guest Panarchy
I want to bring my computer (HP with XP SP2) to my school and get on the network, but I want to be able to access my NAS on the school network, and they require a username and password to do that. Now I already know them, but I don't know how to connect to the network since when you boot the computer, it asks for the username and password then. So where would I go to add that new connection?

How did you get the username and password?

This may work: Find the address of your NAS share and while on the network from your laptop, open the run console and try "<address of the share here>"

May work but I'm not totally sure. It had worked for me at my old HS but they had one of the worst infrastructures I've ever seen and everyone's shares were easily accessible with full read/write privilages.