New Forums!

anyedie

hey guys. Just wanted to say that i like the additions to the forums, but do have a question on what all the sublines under our post names mean. are they random? Were they specificly assigned? are they levels like the old 'fan ++' ? and What does Zombie mean! I voted Ninja :wink: !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0      n00b

8      hackling

16      Hak.5 Fan

32      Hak.5 Fan +

64      Hak.5 Fan ++

128      Hak.5 Zombie

256      Hak.5 Pirate

512      Hak.5 Ninja

1000*   Melodic Post Count

1024   Hak.5 Uber fan +++

1337   Hak.5 1337 Fan

2000*   Sparda Post Count

2048   Hak.5 Junkie

4096     "social services have been notifyed"

Its post count, we had a thread about it in dev5, this is what people liked the most. Basically took the old ones, and added a load more steps. Before there was nothing much between 50 posts and 1024 posts.

Custom would be very cool.

Maybe, since it lists your "rank" twice, one of them could be custom, and the other the actual rank. Say, in the Hak5 font, your actual rank. In the plain font, a custom value, with 20-30 characters, maybe more.

Other forums have setups similar to that, I mean, I'm listened as "Linux User - Forum Noob" or something on the CAD forums (because I've made a whopping 6 posts, half of which included the word "BitTorrent" and got deleted by some uptight admin).

Custom tags are a no go for mass use, PHPbb doesn't allow them to be setup easily and Shardz's soultion would be a administrative nightmare of biblical proportions. CAD use a forum software call vBulletin. Comparing phpBB and vBulletin is like comparing a car your built yourself from bits you found on the side of the road to a BMW. So unless someone sits there ass down and codes a modual for phpBB that replicates that function, gets it to work 100% of the time and then pursades Darren to install it, its not going to happen like that. As it is we have 25 seperate ranks for the forums.

I think you should just take off the member titles function and just display the images though.

Working on that, again, its a software limitation at this stage. I can't name all the ranks as "-" or similar, and my only recourse is to redo the graphics or rename them as 1, 2, 3, etc

Guest Panarchy
 0      n00b

8      hackling

16      Hak.5 Fan

32      Hak.5 Fan +

64      Hak.5 Fan ++

128      Hak.5 Zombie

256      Hak.5 Pirate

512      Hak.5 Ninja

1000*   Melodic Post Count

1024   Hak.5 Uber fan +++

1337   Hak.5 1337 Fan

2000*   Sparda Post Count

2048   Hak.5 Junkie

4096     "social services have been notifyed"

Its post count, we had a thread about it in dev5, this is what people liked the most. Basically took the old ones, and added a load more steps. Before there was nothing much between 50 posts and 1024 posts.

What if you get too 10,000? Are you upgraded to you have no life?

I think you should just take off the member titles function and just display the images though.

Working on that, again, its a software limitation at this stage. I can't name all the ranks as "-" or similar, and my only recourse is to redo the graphics or rename them as 1, 2, 3, etc

Maybe for compatibility with text and real-aloud browsers?