My Android App to Control Pineapple

nickfrosty

Hey everybody! I thought I would share the little project of mine. I have been working on an android app that lets you control your pineapple! It's not really that fancy yet, but it certainly gets the job done. It makes managing the core of the pineapple from an android phone or tablet so much easier and a whole lot less clunky than using a web browser.

It comes in two pieces: the android app and a pineapple infusion. The infusion is what the app uses to talk to the pineapple. I wanted to find out what some people thought about my little project, so I've added the links for some screenshots of the app.

It still has some bugs to be worked out, but if anyone is interested in getting it then I am more than happy to share when it's ready!

I am first on the list! I would love to try this out when you get it ready!

Awesome! I will be sure to let you know when it is ready. It is pretty close though. It should only take another day or two I hope!

Me too hopefully this will not require root

It doesn't require root :)

Awesome! I will be sure to let you know when it is ready. It is pretty close though. It should only take another day or two I hope!

It doesn't require root :)

And you dont work for the NSA lol.

Any chance we can review the android app source code when you get it ready?

But then how am I suppose to keep my NSA listening techniques from you?!? Hahah. I hadn't really considered sharing the source, but if you want then yeah sure, why not!

This looks fantastic!

I have some experience with Android development so if you need a hand or the source is open hit me up with some linkage and I can lend a hand.

Cheers,

Scott.

Ok man, will do. Thanks!

How does it communicate with the pineapple?

It uses an infusion that I made.

Awesome. Been using browser.juicessh and andftp till now(for scp).

Well as of right now, the app won't be a replacement for any ssh/scp clients. However, I do plan on adding a ssh/scp client into the app later down the road. And even thought you you can't ssh with the app, you can still execute commands very easily.

I think he meant what does the infusion side do, how does it work, etc

Ahh! Well, for the most part it uses the same commands that the core infusions use to control the pineapple, but then displays any content that the android app needs or wants in the json format so the app can parse it all and display it to the user.