Have You been banned from #hak5? Look in here.

Hibby

1) Calm down, it's only the internet! In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. If it still matters to you, read all the text below. Don't skip it, or I'll be forced to educate you. You won't like me when I'm educating you.

2) First off, you should check this before deciding we don't like you:

• Are you root user?

We have a blanket ban everyone that connects as root@ - change your user details and you'll get in no bother. Usually your nick is fine, unless that's root too.

3) Have you been banned from #hak5 and you don't understand why?

• First off, make sure you understand the network rules (displayed when you join the server and here - you can definitely go back and look at them) - Rule #7: "No intentional ignorance" means that not knowing the rules are there will not help your case if you've been naughty and want unbanned.
  • Join #help and ask to discuss it politely with whomever is available. Screaming requests (read: all caps or pestering), wild accusations or abuse of Ops will be ignored or result in a kick from either #help or the server itself. If no one's about - just hang around. The ops are spread around the planet and all work & sleep, so someone most likely won't be available to service your request instantly, but there will be a response. If you can't stick around, leave an email or pm it to a mod asking for a response - we're nice guys and probably will get back to you!
  • DO NOT REJOIN #hak5 UNDER A DIFFERENT USERNAME AND COMPLAIN. This will result in the ban being extended or yourself being dealt with in a less timely/polite/balanced manner - this is classed as ban evasion and is often dealt with a permaban from the server.

4) Have you been banned from the server?
I direct you to our contact form to discuss directly with the admins. Again, the above applies - be polite and sensible and things will more than likely go your way.

Still having problems? Send me (or another op) a /msg - I'm eternally connected and will respond in a short period, as are most of the others.

Simple!

Much Love,

Hibby xx

Edited by Hibby

1) Calm down, it's only the internet! In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. If it still matters to you, read all the text below. Don't skip it, or I'll be forced to educate you. You won't like me when I'm educating you.

This is... true. I've seen it happen. Drop in #hak5 on and chill for a short while, and lulz will ensue.