MiFi vs Tethered Android phone?

Which is the prefered way to provide internet access to your pineapple when you don't want to have it plugged into a computer?

My current kit is:
1 x pineapple

1 x Alfa USB wifi

1 x powered USB Hub

1 x USB 4gb storage card

Option 1 - MiFI + Alfa to provide access to Pineapple
- Pros - Could use MiFi's network (blacklist) to remote manage pineapple without having to plug a bunch of cables together and fux with ip settings on my mac laptop. Just connect to wifi network being served by MiFi (which Alfa would be connecting to) and connect von IP to Pineapple (assuming proximity).
- Con - this is a whole hell of a lot of wifi radio activity in a small area, may reduce effective range and sensitivity of pineapple.

- Con - extra IP config and routing information, may cause issues with some premade payloads (probably not but chance)

Option 2 - Android phone + USB

- Pros - I have extra ports on the powered USB hub.

- Pros - Seems to be talked about well in documentation

- Cons - extra usb hub load (usb hub powered by one of two battery packs)

- Cons - finding phone that works well with Pineapples software. Since Version 3 came out (and I am new to pineapple as of a few days ago) there is little documentation updates. The manual that came with it is about as useful as tits on a bull.

Option 3 - USB 3G modem - RULED OUT ALREADY.

- Ruled out due to wanting to purchase device on a pre-pay no contract terms (ie, cash, no id), mobile providers in my area only offer MiFi and Phones with pre-pay, no USB dongles.

Any guidance would be welcomed.

I'd say this is more of a personal preference for the user, personally I use my android phone with a USB connecting into a small non-powered USB hub, with the sandisk 4GB usb stick plugged in too, never had any issues with anything and my phone contract is unlimited data so never had to pay a extra penny.

T-Mobile, the carrier in the US who does not require ID and happily accepts cash, will soon introduce a new LTE modem. Until then they only offer phones and "personal hotspots". Of course most unlocked HSDPA modems should take their SIM cards and work with the pineapple no problem, granted you have the proper dialing information. Since v3 the MK4 supports about 300 modems. I've had success with unlocked HSDPA modems from Huawei and ZTE. Just keep in mind the faster LTE modems requite a log of juice (usually above and beyond spec) so you'll probably need either a powered hub or a powered USB Y-cable.

Personally I'm a fan of the cheap Android "burner" phone since it works out of the box without any configuration on the pineapple and has its own battery - but as you've pointed out there are plenty of options.

T-Mobile, the carrier in the US who does not require ID and happily accepts cash, will soon introduce a new LTE modem. Until then they only offer phones and "personal hotspots". Of course most unlocked HSDPA modems should take their SIM cards and work with the pineapple no problem, granted you have the proper dialing information. Since v3 the MK4 supports about 300 modems. I've had success with unlocked HSDPA modems from Huawei and ZTE. Just keep in mind the faster LTE modems requite a log of juice (usually above and beyond spec) so you'll probably need either a powered hub or a powered USB Y-cable.

Personally I'm a fan of the cheap Android "burner" phone since it works out of the box without any configuration on the pineapple and has its own battery - but as you've pointed out there are plenty of options.

So apparently what I have heard (from a guy who owns a set of stores) is that MetroPCS offers this service, no ID, no credit check/cards, just cash and carry.

Do you have a recommendation of phones that are commonly/easily unlocked that I may want to target for success?

How difficult would it be to set up the pineapple to always use the Alfa as it's client network/ default GW? I think the ability to just join the mifi's network to log into the pineapple would be pretty nice, although I am fearful of that much wireless activity in a small area interfering with the performance.

Would appear these phones from MetroPCS are compatible with tethering:
Yes. You can use MetroPCS 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot to tether your MetroPCS phone to other devices if you use one of these phones to do so: ZTE Anthem, LG Motion 4G, Coolpad Quattro, or Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G.

Does anyone have first hand experience with them?