Infusions crashing MK4 - 3.0.0

sys

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me.

Reset 3.0.0, setup usb for 1.5gb swap 6gb storage, install new pineapple bar, install WM's 1.1 sslstrip and urlsnarf to usb, install wifi manager to internal. run sslstrip and urlsnarf. pineapple slows to a crawl, freezes up, and crashes.

//edit: similarly, running karma and sslstrip at the same time will cause the same effect. this effect also seems to be triggered by opening any tile while the infusions are running (but it could be a coincidence as my testing isn't perfectly scientific)

//edit: if you would like me to help test things I would be more than willing to, as of right now it seems like 3.0.0 is more or less not usable

//edit: another test: with urlsnarf, karma, and wifi manager being the only installed injections it appeared I was able to start and run them without errors. Then after installing and running sslstrip in addition to urlsnarf and karma it appeared to work but I was unable to pull up webpages on my "victim". I then attempted to open the urlsnarf tile and the pineapple crashed.

All my testing has been using wall power for both the pineapple and the hub, every test has been on a clean reset of 3.0.0 and the usb has been wiped between each test as well.

//more testing: It appears the problem is within sslstrip, simply running sslstrip by itself and navigating to a website on my "victim" will kill the pineapple, the injection does appear to function -before it kills the pineapple- as the page began to load regular http. I am going to do another test to confirm this.

//a bunch more testing: it appears that either there is something wrong with my pineapple or 3.0.0 I have been able to get it to work by installing no more than 3 infusions (with ~450 internal space remaining). it seems like the pineapple is just overloaded by simple tasks. ssl strip while using jammer on a different interface, thats a crash. sslstrip while running karma, thats potentially a crash.. Assuming that my pineapple is in fact okay I believe that 3.0.0 is just completely not ready for actual use. I could definitely be doing something wrong but hopefully my testing and this thread can help someone who knows more than me.

Edited by sys

• 2 weeks later...

sslstrip crashes me when I try to stop the service. I have to restart it to get the logs. It does work though, I hacked my own facebook to test it. :P

Hi, i'm new here, I had the same problem but I find a solution, when you stop the sslstrip you need to clean the iptables with these comands by ssh terminal

iptables --flush # there are probably too many resets here,

iptables --table nat --flush # but at least we're sure everything's clean

iptables --delete-chain

iptables --table nat --delete-chain.

I hope this can help you, sorry for my bad english

I've also experienced some funky results when using sslstrip but I was able to get it to work. At first I started sslstrip and within a few minutes the pineapple would crash and reboot. Because I was using an external Alfa at first I wasn't sure if that was the problem, turns out it wasn't. (Just to be clear I'm running 3.0.0 with my pineapple plugged into the wall, so plenty of power and I've got all of my infusions installed to a USB drive. On that drive I have swap space and file space.) At first I would just start sslstrip and go to a different browser to go to a secure site. And it would try at first sometimes capture the input if I got there fast enough before the pineapple would crash. After a while I began to suspect that the Log file for sslstrips activities was (somehow by default) going to the Pineapples internal storage (even though it's a USB install) and filling the tiny available storage very quickly thus creating the crash. So what I attempted next was to first go to the History Tab and toggle the auto update option at the bottom to a different interval and then turn it On and Off before finally turning on sslstrip. For some reason that did the trick. The resource usages were still fairly high at first but the pineapple did not crash and I was able to test sslstrip with several browsers. It's interesting to see a password with a special character be listed with the alternate format for that character... For example if the password was 123@ you would actually see 123%40 listed. It was kind of a give away when the username/email address was listed as username%40yahoo.com.

Anyway, again I suspect that the logging for sslstrip be looked at by someone with a lot more experience than me. I could be wrong but I'd appreciate it if someone else would try this out and report back your findings.

• 1 month later...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me.

Reset 3.0.0, setup usb for 1.5gb swap 6gb storage, install new pineapple bar, install WM's 1.1 sslstrip and urlsnarf to usb, install wifi manager to internal. run sslstrip and urlsnarf. pineapple slows to a crawl, freezes up, and crashes.

//edit: similarly, running karma and sslstrip at the same time will cause the same effect. this effect also seems to be triggered by opening any tile while the infusions are running (but it could be a coincidence as my testing isn't perfectly scientific)

//edit: if you would like me to help test things I would be more than willing to, as of right now it seems like 3.0.0 is more or less not usable

//edit: another test: with urlsnarf, karma, and wifi manager being the only installed injections it appeared I was able to start and run them without errors. Then after installing and running sslstrip in addition to urlsnarf and karma it appeared to work but I was unable to pull up webpages on my "victim". I then attempted to open the urlsnarf tile and the pineapple crashed.

All my testing has been using wall power for both the pineapple and the hub, every test has been on a clean reset of 3.0.0 and the usb has been wiped between each test as well.

//more testing: It appears the problem is within sslstrip, simply running sslstrip by itself and navigating to a website on my "victim" will kill the pineapple, the injection does appear to function -before it kills the pineapple- as the page began to load regular http. I am going to do another test to confirm this.

//a bunch more testing: it appears that either there is something wrong with my pineapple or 3.0.0 I have been able to get it to work by installing no more than 3 infusions (with ~450 internal space remaining). it seems like the pineapple is just overloaded by simple tasks. ssl strip while using jammer on a different interface, thats a crash. sslstrip while running karma, thats potentially a crash.. Assuming that my pineapple is in fact okay I believe that 3.0.0 is just completely not ready for actual use. I could definitely be doing something wrong but hopefully my testing and this thread can help someone who knows more than me.

I am having the same trouble were you able to find a fix?

• 1 month later...