Hacking with android, Native monitor mode/packet injection

Guest spazi

Guest spazi

Hi guys, I've been keeping a lookout for http://bcmon.blogspot.com/

It's a hack (and app) that allows monitor mode/packet injection on your android phone without external usb wifi adapters.

It's only for phones with broadcom chipsets (BCM 4330 and such), and I'm currently checking my HTC sensation (BCM 4329) to see if it works.
I've seen it work on other phones and using aircrack to hack wifi with the embedded chipset.

I'm really excited about this!

Crasy stuff!

Edited by spazi

Damn that looks great! :D
Sadly i couldn't get the app or the firmware to work on my phone. After banging my head against the wall for two days I gave up.
My HTC sensation runs on Cyanogen mod 9 and has the bcm4329 chipset and the driver/firmware is called bcmdhd.ko and bcmdhd.bin

the bcmdhd firmware in the app is based on the bcm4330 chipset.

I have to say I'm a android NOOB.

I seriously considered just getting a Samsung G2 second hand.

I haven't compiled a module from source, is that what is missing? And use the source that is on their googlecode page?

Any advice mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Damn that looks great! :D

Sadly i couldn't get the app or the firmware to work on my phone. After banging my head against the wall for two days I gave up.

My HTC sensation runs on Cyanogen mod 9 and has the bcm4329 chipset and the driver/firmware is called bcmdhd.ko and bcmdhd.bin

the bcmdhd firmware in the app is based on the bcm4330 chipset.

I have to say I'm a android NOOB.

I seriously considered just getting a Samsung G2 second hand.

I haven't compiled a module from source, is that what is missing? And use the source that is on their googlecode page?

Any advice mate?

you see there are two versions on the bcmon.blogspot.com. one is for devices that have the bcm4329 wireless chipset and one is for the bcm4330 wireless chipset. i know that this works on devices that arent listed on their site as well. i was able to get this working on both of my htc mytouch 4g phones in cyanogenmod 7.2. you should try flashing a cm7.2 rom for your phone and try the bcmon.apk app and see if it works then. keep in mind that cyanogenmods come with older terminal emulator apps installed as system app. so you need to first uninstall the terminal from the system apps then reinstall the latest terminal emulator from the play store. you also need to update busybox. ive had pretty good luck with 1.20.0 on cm7.2 on both my htc glaciers and both of my htc evo 4g.